The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Property in Olympics?

Provost

Just now, Green Building said:

I became accustomed to seeing the high competition value and the concerned entities couldn't pull their heads out of their asses to make it work, but tell us they'll try harder for China. That's bogus.

That I understand, so the NHL can grow the game in China, but can't for the Olympics. 

16 hours ago, Comet Fan 0727 said:

There’s talk that Darrin Archibald is being considered for the Canadian team. He’s on an AHL contract, and players on A contracts will be allowed to play in the Olympics.

if he makes team Cananda I will be rooting for him big time. He’s an original Utica Comet, and I’ve watched him for 4+ years grow into a very solid hockey player. 

He would be such an awesome bottom six guy for the team.

I don’t think the Olympics can ever be as irrelevant as the Spengler Cup.  

All the corruption and crap seems to fall away once the athletes start  competing and it always furnishes us with amazing moments.

I will take it for what it is and follow Canucks prospects regardless of their team.  I fully expect Canada to not be in the medal rounds.  Once you remove NHLers and AHLers, there are simply better Russian, Swedish, and Finnish players playing in Euro leagues than will be available  to us.  The US has an outside chance because of their development program and young guys playing in college.

4 minutes ago, Provost said:

I don’t think the Olympics can ever be as irrelevant as the Spengler Cup.  

All the corruption and crap seems to fall away once the athletes start  competing and it always furnishes us with amazing moments.

I will take it for what it is and follow Canucks prospects regardless of their team.  I fully expect Canada to not be in the medal rounds.  Once you remove NHLers and AHLers, there are simply better Russian, Swedish, and Finnish players playing in Euro leagues than will be available  to us.  The US has an outside chance because of their development program and young guys playing in college.

Geez, Canada really does have all its eggs in one basket eh?  The basket that isn't allowed on the picnic.

But I'm with you. I'm not going to take it out on the players, or even Willie D. just because Bettman and the owners are too stingy and stubborn. Once the team is there, donning the maple leaf, I'll be watching every game they manage to advance to.

Its just a different viewing experience. Usually I watch on the edge of my seat hoping Canada doesn't screw it up. And eager to watch great plays between elite Canadian pros. Interesting watching how chemistry is created with various good players from different NHL teams on the same line.  And I'm usually never disappointed, lately at least.

I will still be watching on the edge of my seat, but this time hoping for a miracle. Canada's own little miracle on ice. Every win will be extra sweet.

5 minutes ago, Gudbransons_Elbow said:

Meh, would rather watch Canucks hockey IMO. We got games vs SJ Boston Vegas during the Olympics. No way I'm missing that to watch mostly plugs try and win a meaningless gold medal. 

Most have PVRs nowadays, no need to miss anything.

Archived