The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumor) - Canucks interested in Evander Kane... Again

Nessnuck27

9 hours ago, tas said:

this isn't a rumor, it's baseless speculation from a nobody. from the "article" you linked:

Mark Easson of MyNHLTradeRumors.com reported:

“The Canucks and Sabres talked a lot about Evander Kane. Ben Huttons’s name came up in those talks. Would Hutton and Nikolay Goldobin interest the Sabres?”

that's the extent of this whole thing. people need to learn how to do a little research and critical thinking. 

close thread please. 

Jesus, that's all it is? Some guy from MyNHLTradeRumours.com speculating? Yeah, that's not even worth the digital ink for this thread.

9 hours ago, tas said:

his pace this year is a bit deceptive. if you go by the pace he's scored at over the last 11 games (omitting the first 3 games of the season), he would finish with 26 goals and 25 assists. nothing to sneeze at, certainly, but not $6-7 mil per year numbers for a one dimensional winger who may or may not have personality issues. 

2 goals today again! :frantic:

Now 9 goals in 15 games.  Which is a 49 goal pace. But, fair enough, lets assume today was just the next peak? He was tracking to around 35 goals over 82 games last year. I'm very happy with that! 

''Reduce'' him to playing with Bo next year. As opposed to Eichel. But remember it will be the prime years of his hockey career.  He could also be playing with Boeser, who is a step up on any of their other wingers? Then Boeser and Petterson the year after...

I think it would be very reasonable to project 35 goals for the short and medium future! 

Evander Kane is a very good player.  He is a top line goal scoring power winger.  The kid plays with purpose and has 9 goals already this season after 28 last season.  Slotting him into this years lineup with the aggressiveness this team has been playing with would be fantastic

His attitude wont ruin what the canucks are building with his leadership core. More than likely that the team leadership rubs off on him. Plus Evander is still just 26 which is where it can often take power forwards to develop into their peak. 

Id say right now, I would be okay with the Hutton and Goldobin price tag.  I'm honestly not a believer in either player.  Pouliot is already ahead of Hutton on my team depth chart im, and Edler is coming back.  As for Goldobin, I just dont think he's an NHL talent.  I hope he proves me wrong. 

Go get him Jimbo!

Eriksson, Gagner, Goldobin, Hutton, Wiercoch... these guys are the Ballards and Raymonds of 2017.

Trade proposals are only interesting when they're realistic. No way in hell does Buffalo trade us a young top 6 power forward for any of these spare parts. You gotta give up something good to get something good.

Isn't E. Kane a UFA in 2018? Can't we just sign him at that time? 

If the Sabres take both Hutton and Goldobin for E. Kane, Benning would be a fool not to take that deal, assuming of course that Kane resigns with the Canucks. If he walks, we lose on that deal for sure. 

Like many said, wait until July 1st.  Especially since if JB trade for him, he won,t have any bargaining powers to re-sign him.  He will be force to meet Kane's financial demand or risk losing him for nothing after giving up assets for him.  If JB waits until free agency, he can put his best offer on the table and if Kane doesn't take it, well then at least we didn't gave up anything for him.

21 minutes ago, onesmallleap said:

maybe  a deal around EG and Kane with other pieces involved

Maybe I’m missing something here. But why would Buffalo, who are on their way to missing the playoffs (hence, trading Kane), want another expiring UFA in return that they also would have no interest in extending anyway?

Kane is absolutely a player we should be pursuing.

It definitely appears at this point that the Sedins won’t be extended past this season and that opens up a lot of dollars and  roster spots.

Any trade would have to involve us having pre-arranged an extension with him. If it is for 6 years and $6.5 million or under that makes it worth sending assets out to lock him up rather than compete in free agency.

Buffalo at the deadline can probably get a grade A prospect or a late 2st rounder for him from a contender needing a rental.  Any trade has to be more than that for them to pull the trigger.

3 hours ago, onesmallleap said:

by this logic , we have no hope trading EG if he doesn't sign here. maybe  a deal around EG and Kane with other pieces involved

Note people are not saying Kane is untradeable, just it is risky to give up assets to aquire a player that has a high likelihood of signing here in the off season.

25 minutes ago, gurn said:

Note people are not saying Kane is untradeable, just it is risky to give up assets to aquire a player that has a high likelihood of signing here in the off season.

Absolutely agree!!.  I would rather extend Guddy and sign Kane too.  We need to get harder to play against, not go sideways.

Did half of the posters here personally get bullied by Kane in HS or something? The league and filled with D bags but some of them actually make a hockey team better. Remember worshipping Kesler while he was a Canuck?

If we can get him in a fair trade or contract, I'm all for it.

Archived