The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vanek, Gudbranson in TSN's top 10 Trade Bait List

I hate to see Guddy go, but he probably has a lot of trade value to a contending team that needs to round out their middle pair with some toughness. I'd like to see him re-signed, but if his asking price is too high or he wants to test the market next summer, we could probably get a good haul for him.

As for Vanek, he's servicable and I think he's had a few strong games so far this season. I don't see him in any long-term plans for the team though, flip him for whatever you can get at the deadline.

On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎07 at 3:36 PM, Warhippy said:

If we cannot retain Gudbranson for $4.5 or less long term or $5 million or less long term he has to be trade bait and teams will absolutely line up to get him.  Florida would bend over backwards if they were/are in the playoff race as would Toronto, Edmonton,Chicago and about a dozen other teams.

Gudbranson is exactly the kind of defenseman you want on your roster in the playoffs.

I still see the following as being possible trade bait come the deadline

• Vanek
  • Dorsett
  • Sutter
  • Tanev
  • Gudbranson
  • Burmistrov
  • Wericioch

If Benning is serious about cashing in on assets this is the year to do it knowing how many UFA's we have that are performing well.  If we cannot retain Gudbranson for a decent price with decent term as much as it sucks it is only sound business sense to get max return for him...or else listen to another summer crying about it like we did Hamhuis

I see  this years trade bate being

1: Vanek cuz duh however I quite like him and he seems to be well liked round the league. His shot looks more dangerous than anythig I have seen in a nux jersey since Naslund though he is lacking in other areas of the game.

2: Hutton with DP and Juo comming. He seems to be the odd guy out MDZ seems to be the guy already we hope Hutton to mature into. I will miss his elite ability to keep the puck in to O zone.

3: One of Granlund/Bae I done think there is room for both we are at a Grabner/Raymond point here I think. Granlund is Raymond more defensively responsible and if given the space will score. Where Bae is more Grabner less versatile  but more offensively gifted.

4: Gud though I think this would be a mistake unless JB would give the Gud 5+ extension money to Tryamkin to lure him back in which case Green would have to be on board to play Try 20 mins a night as he wants and lives to play if he's not being leaned on he's not happy and when he was leaned on he rose to the task.

5: Burmi/Gaunce I like both these guys but again their vying for essentially the same spot 4C/utility + pker I prefer Gaunce but I think it will come down to who best augments Goldobins style as I think MGMT and myself really want to see what Goldy can do in a depth scoring role.  I would put money that Virtanen Gaunce/Burmi Goldobin would out score the Sedins if deployed in the same situations 5 on 5. Something to look fwd to later in the season. 

I don't want to see Dorsett Tanev Sutter traded as they bring elements that we don't have players in place to take their role on the team

Edler I feel will remain until Juolevi is ready. . 

On 07/11/2017 at 11:28 AM, Ossi Vaananen said:

The list:

DODTQl9X0AIp-uK.jpg

The link: http://www.tsn.ca/trade-bait-duchene-deal-puts-kane-atop-list-1.908350

It's a curious list. I could see Kane being shopped, beyond that I'm scratching my head.  We could move Vanek at the deadline, though if we're still competitive might as well keep him. 

Gudbranson on the list, likely due to his pending UFA status. If we can't re-up him soon, do we shop him? I mean we're not really in a bad spot that we should be shopping either, but they make the list anyway. 

IMO the end goal is still to rebuild no matter how well we're doing. Bigger picture. Unless we are front runners for the cup, we need to be acquiring pieces for the future. 

I definitely think we trade Vanek.  Even if we are going to make the playoffs, it would be silly not to get something of for him.  

As for Gudbranson, some team is going to overpay him this summer and his agent would know that.  He would be stupid not to go to free agency and cash in on what will likely be his only big pay day.  We need to move him.  As much as I would like to see him sign for 3rd pairing money and stick with the team, that is a pipe dream.  

So Gudbranson to Florida for McCann lol.

15 hours ago, Violator said:

Is there anyone on the hurricanes or capitals that we could use?

Hurricanes have 15million to play with.

Don't think so.  The Canes have arguably one of the best young and deepest core of D youth and prospects in the league.  So much so that Hanifin isn't even considered their #1 D prospect/youth

9 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Don't think so.  The Canes have arguably one of the best young and deepest core of D youth and prospects in the league.  So much so that Hanifin isn't even considered their #1 D prospect/youth

Just a thought 

On 11/7/2017 at 12:50 PM, Tortorella's Rant said:

Leader in $&!# plays and giveaways, yeah

Hokay, can we get an idea of your perception of Gudbranson's trade value? You don't consider him to be a top-4 player, so what type of return do you see the Canucks getting? Keeping in mind that there are a number of variables in any trade, of course (age, ability, cap hit, NTCs, future UFA status and so on). Which of these trades involving younger d-men most resemble your idea of what a future Gudbranson trade will look like?

Larsson for Hall (top winger)

Hamilton for a 1st, & 2 2nd round picks (high picks)

Gudbranson & a 5th for McCann, a 2nd & a 4th (the water line)

Pouliot for Pedan & a 4th (a true bottom-6 at best a middle pick)

McIlrath for Kampfer & a conditional 7th (an under whelming former 4th round pick and a low pick)

McIlrath and a conditional 3rd for Vanek (McIlrath as a throw-in for Vanek?)

Murphy & Lack & a 7th for Kanzig & a 6th (a former 3rd round pick playing in the ECHL and a low pick)

regards, G.

20 hours ago, Gollumpus said:

Hokay, can we get an idea of your perception of Gudbranson's trade value? You don't consider him to be a top-4 player, so what type of return do you see the Canucks getting? Keeping in mind that there are a number of variables in any trade, of course (age, ability, cap hit, NTCs, future UFA status and so on). Which of these trades involving younger d-men most resemble your idea of what a future Gudbranson trade will look like?

Larsson for Hall (top winger)

Hamilton for a 1st, & 2 2nd round picks (high picks)

Gudbranson & a 5th for McCann, a 2nd & a 4th (the water line)

Pouliot for Pedan & a 4th (a true bottom-6 at best a middle pick)

McIlrath for Kampfer & a conditional 7th (an under whelming former 4th round pick and a low pick)

McIlrath and a conditional 3rd for Vanek (McIlrath as a throw-in for Vanek?)

Murphy & Lack & a 7th for Kanzig & a 6th (a former 3rd round pick playing in the ECHL and a low pick)

regards, G.

I dunno. I haven't considered any of those. But I was talking about Sbisa. That was kind of harsh, he's ok, but that's about it.

This bodes well for the Canucks, the more trade bait we have the more options Benning has near the deadline.  If it looks like we have a good shot at making the playoffs than he can stand pat ( unless a trade makes sense in improving for the playoffs).  If we are close or out than he can start selling like crazy which I believe is a big reason he went heavy on the UFAs in the first place.  He can either load up on picks, or give the Sedins one last kick at the can in the playoffs, a pretty nice Swan Song for them, the team, and the fans.

i wonder if ana might move for vanek come the deadline.   they will aee him plenty vs the nux this season. if ana did move a d for a forward ie center like pundents are suggesting.  im curious if they might be interested in gudbranson as a replacement d.

imagine vanek and guddy both on the ducks.

Archived