The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should Timo Meier get a suspension for vicious butt-end on MDZ face?

Odd.

Should Meier get suspended?  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Torres was vilified and effectively drummed out of the nhl for his devastating hits that often glanced off the shoulder then hit the head but that weasel Khadri got nothing for the same kind of hit on Daniel Sedin last year...ya the dops has their heads up their butts as far as any team west of Toronto.

tinfoil hat and suit.jpg

Hey Parros FU, too bad the CTE has completely taken you over you clown 

I am sure this “fine” will stop this type of behaviour 

NHL is a joke league run by joke people like Betmann and company.....Parros included 

league says it wants to stop head shots? I hope the players sue the owners for every cent they have 

4 hours ago, gurn said:

dude has a $894,167 cap hit and aav $1,664,167 for this year.        Less than $2,500 fine- BFD.      Horrible decision by DPS.

Edit to add.

Maybe MDZ should sue Timo or the league? Perhaps that is what it will take to get the NHL to be serious about discipline?

I suppose that the Canucks does have grounds to sue to the league for not doing anything.  Fines would not deter from him doing that again and also games missed will.  The league have the history of doing nothing when it comes against them.  Del Zotto can sue the NHL  There are statue of limitation so the history of the league doing nothing against the Canucks can go against the NHL for any reason so there are plenty of them in last 4 years and compare for any similar hits that did nothing.  It is time for the Canucks to stand up to the league one more time and it better be a huge amount of sums. Also the plaintiff lawyers for the players will be watching the NHL for any little things concerning the head shots and the butt-end is one of them and the league just fined Meier will be used against the NHL in their case.    There will be precedent for the Canucks and they do have case built up against the league.  Unless Bettman steps in and suspend Meier for more games, DoPS will always have favoritism bias against the Canucks.     Gudbrandsen suspension were a hockey play and butt-ended is not a hockey play.  If you compare both plays, this is something that the league is trying to take out and they failed to protect players and last time I checked, the Canucks is still a property of the league and they still have obligate to protect all NHL players, including the Canucks.  

I would suggest that whoever involves in the DoPS should not be run by a former player or affiliate to the league head office and should be run by independent panel that has nothing to do with hockey.  The same can be said for referee, it should not be run by league head office.  

2 hours ago, Derp... said:

It would be interesting to know how many former players who are employee's of the league have CTE, which can affect their judgement. I would say there could be a few. Parros with over 160 fights in the NHL.

Beautiful, enjoyed watching that clown get pounded 

hey Parros was that punch worthy of a 2k fine 

hahahahaha 

34 minutes ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

So...  Roughly 8% of you voted that a suspension was deserving - yet, it should be a suspension of zero games?  Just brilliant!

I'm surprised that people are voting 'Yes' after the news came out that he is only getting fined. I guess the question is "what it should have been in your opinion...", but I answered it seeing the question as "what it should be from the NHL's perspective..."

I've given up on any semblance of sanity from the DPS.  Unfortunately, it looks like nothing short of criminal charges for negligence accompanied by a lawsuit will force the NHL to clean up it's act. 

It's garbage like this that led to Bertuzzi doing what the NHL should have done and making sure Scumbag Steve wouldn't be delivering any more cheapshots.  History does tend to repeat itself.

Lol A player getting suspended for cheap shoting  a canuck, oh I didn’t realize pig flew or he’ll has frozen over.

Yet a Canuck would almost be an automatic two games for the same thing.

Suprised MDZ did get suspended for using his face on meier elbow.

12 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Seeing zero of this on any of the sports sights, so I'm going to go with there will be no further punishment.  The NHL will see the 1 minute and change he served in the box as fine.

Meanwhile, (saw this while out for dinner), Matt Beleskey  in the BOS/TOR game clearly instigated a fight in retaliation for a Matt Martin hit....no instigator penalty was assessed.  You rock NHL.

I believe if Dorset receives one more instigator he will get a 1 game suspension. The whole system is a joke.

I am waiting for the Canucks ownership/players to do something about silent treatment by the league on any supposedly suspension that is missed by the league or just biased on this one.   This cannot continue and the league knows that.   Canucks players are a part of the NHLPA and they are supposed to protect everyone and it cannot be just because he just happened to play for that team and he didn't play for that team and treats them with different standard.  That's not how it should be and they league intentionally does that and failed to protect.    If they continues by doing nothing and they are asking to destroy my career just because I am playing for the Canucks.  That's endangerment to any Canucks player without any response.  Fines will not help or not doing anything to deter from that act of violence.  There are evidence of that and the Canucks players can launch a lawsuit saying that there's no protection without any protection by the league by the justice.  Statue of limitation can be used within that period against the league.  I'm sure that there are evidence and they should use that against the league.  They can also use the evidence of any suspension against them and compare to any similar plays against other teams that is not Canucks related or Canucks related by no suspension/fines or just fines.   I am waiting for any justice to be delivered against the NHL with outside help.

I would also suggest other teams feeling injustice by the league to do something because there are a few teams that the league head office continues to show their bias without any response to protect their own players as well.  I am sure that they are out there without us knowing and it's impossible to know everything by other teams as casual fans doesn't follow other teams to notice injustice as well.  As long as the league gets away with it, eventually, truth will come out.  They are also being endangered if they are targeted by their own bias as well.  It's just too many teams to actually weed out whom the league is in favor and whom the league does not want to do well.  As long as the dollars on the stake is there, they would seek to find a ways to increase the profit in expense of safety of the players.   Even if the league favors that team, they would have no choice but to suspend that player but how they would try to minimal affect the team, they would just reduce suspension when it's supposed to be higher number of games.  So it's difficult to know their motive for each cases.  

Something tells me that if Del Zotto stayed down longer it would have been a suspension.  They match the result of the situation, not the crime.  If Moore had got back up and pushed with Bert, Bert would've been called for a dirty player and maybe been slapped a fine.  Because of the injury, Bert gets the book (rightfully so).  This is the big problem with the league.  There are tonnes of dirty plays in the league that could lead to major injuries or worse.  In order to prevent the injuries (mainly concussions), the league really needs to punish the action regardless of the result of the offence.  

Archived