The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eriksson and Edler? Do We Really Need Them?

vladimirpuck

22 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Edler, LE, the Sedins, are all foundation and part of the team for the foreseeable future.

It will be very very painful but its all about mentoring.

That's incredibly depressing. A third of our cap goes to mentoring from a quartet of passive swedes. That's just not right.

Edler: Unfortunately, I think he's kind of done as a star (1st D-man) player. And since we remember his good days he will never live up to that again. We just need to accept that.

Loui: I think we have been playing him wrong from the first day. He's from Gothenburg (as I am) so I've seen him since he was a junior in Frölunda. His hockey-IQ is sooo good, so when he plays with really good, and fast players, he'll be like a hungry shark in bloody water, picking up rebounds, tipping in shots etc... And that's what he did in both Dallas and Boston. If he doesn't get to play with really good players, he'll just be a very "normal" offensive player but a really good defensive player due to his IQ. If we want to see some 4-5 million player in him, he needs to play regularly with say Boeser and Horvat. Not jumping around lines with Dowd's, Granny's or Sutter's... I'm pretty sure he would be a good help for both Boeser and Horvat with his IQ and he will be there picking up loose pucks. That's my two cents regarding Loui. If he continues to get shuffled around as he is, we'll never get our money back.

Archived