The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Duterte Schools Trudeau on His War on Drugs

nucklehead

7 minutes ago, smokes said:

What right does Trudeau have in calling the country out when Canada hasn't even properly addressed their own human rights issues?

Which "human rights issues" are you speaking of? I don't recall hearing JT call for the public to kill drug users...

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

Which "human rights issues" are you speaking of? I don't recall hearing JT call for the public to kill drug users...

* failing to address the missing women of the downtown east side until it was too late.

* failing to properly protect, and educate the aboriginals as well as taking away land

*failure to compensate the head tax

etc.

1 minute ago, smokes said:

Have you actually been to the country? The rights the Chinese have far outweigh the freedoms I had in Canada. Just because you can't vote in this country does not mean there is no freedom. I left Canada not because of the that, it was that I was tired of living in a country where if I was not white, I would need to work 10 times harder to get to the same place as a Caucasian. I left because of the racism.

Thats exactly what it means. And yes I know you constantly call Canada racist but I'm sure the 500,000 immigrants that come here a year must not care about racism right?

Look at the defence minister, how about the immigration minister or the government house leader?

Maybe you just didn't try or work that hard. It seems pretty convenient you chose a communist country. 

3 minutes ago, smokes said:

* failing to address the missing women of the downtown east side until it was too late.

* failing to properly protect, and educate the aboriginals as well as taking away land

*failure to compensate the head tax

etc.

Those are Trudeau's fault?:huh: You know he's only been PM for 2 years, right?

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Thats exactly what it means. And yes I know you constantly call Canada racist but I'm sure the 500,000 immigrants that come here a year must not care about racism right?

Look at the defence minister, how about the immigration minister or the government house leader?

Maybe you just didn't try or work that hard. It seems pretty convenient you chose a communist country. 

you are just too ignorant to even respond to.

you are just too ignorant to even respond to.

You're pretty free with the word "ignorant". Especially when you just accused the Prime Minister of humans rights abuses and then went on to cite as proof things that happened long before he became PM...

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Those are Trudeau's fault?:huh: You know he's only been PM for 2 years, right?

No it's not Trudeau's fault, my point is why even address it? Everyone knows it's there, the Philippines are hearing from the UN already so why bring it up? Surely Trudeau knows that whatever he says is not going to change anything so why bring it up at that time. Save it for the UN since that is it's platform. Bringing it up will only cause animosity between the leaders when talking about other points of co operation. So why?

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Oh so smokes wants to go back in time when discussing what happened in the Philippines. We may as well discuss Tiananmen Square.

no, my point is why throw rocks when you live in a glass house yourself?

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

You're pretty free with the word "ignorant". Especially when you just accused the Prime Minister of humans rights abuses and then went on to cite as proof things that happened long before he became PM...

I accused Canada

5 minutes ago, smokes said:

No it's not Trudeau's fault, my point is why even address it? Everyone knows it's there, the Philippines are hearing from the UN already so why bring it up? Surely Trudeau knows that whatever he says is not going to change anything so why bring it up at that time. Save it for the UN since that is it's platform. Bringing it up will only cause animosity between the leaders when talking about other points of co operation. So why?

It has always been the position of any Canadian government to speak out against dictators, human rights abuses, etc. It's why Chretien spoke out about human rights abuses in China because it's the right things to do.

6 minutes ago, smokes said:

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

If you had been paying attention, Trudeau came under fire when it was originally announced that he wouldn't comment on human rights abuses.

Freeland came out and said that they were concentrating on other things for this visit. (The rumors were they wanted to talk about trade agreements with some of the ASEAN members) This announcement was greeted with a lot of criticism and I'd have to guess that in the end, JT knew he was going to be criticized either way and went with his conscience.

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

If you had been paying attention, Trudeau came under fire when it was originally announced that he wouldn't comment on human rights abuses.

Freeland came out and said that they were concentrating on other things for this visit. (The rumors were they wanted to talk about trade agreements with some of the ASEAN members) This announcement was greeted with a lot of criticism and I'd have to guess that in the end, JT knew he was going to be criticize either way and went with his conscience.

Trudeau should have focused on trade and co operation. something that can help Canada. Criticizing the Philippines did nothing for Canada except cause more animosity.

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Freeland came out and said that they were concentrating on other things for this visit. (The rumors were they wanted to talk about trade agreements with some of the ASEAN members) This announcement was greeted with a lot of criticism and I'd have to guess that in the end, JT knew he was going to be criticize either way and went with his conscience.

He already praised one dictator at least he did the right thing and called this killer out.

Trudeau should have focused on trade and co operation. something that can help Canada. Criticizing the Philippines did nothing for Canada except cause more animosity.

I tend to agree, however I also don't believe that he did anything wrong by calling out Duerte and I definitely don't agree that he is even in the same conversation when it comes to human rights abuses.

Just now, smokes said:

Animosity with the Philippines. Theres a very last page news story.

All the Filipinos that I have met that have come to Canada work very hard, very polite and are very happy to be in Canada. The Philippines is a disaster run by a maniac.

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

Animosity with the Philippines. Theres a very last page news story.

All the Filipinos that I have met that have come to Canada work very hard, very polite and are very happy to be in Canada. The Philippines is a disaster run by a maniac.

So Trudeau going up to the guy and saying "You know, I don't like what you are doing to the people in your country" is actually going to do something?

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I tend to agree, however I also don't believe that he did anything wrong by calling out Duerte and I definitely don't agree that he is even in the same conversation when it comes to human rights abuses.

You're right he isn't. But at some point Canada is going to start coming off as that "Nagging Aunt"

Archived