The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Los Angeles Kings

-Vintage Canuck-

9 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

It's hilarious watching players literally bounce off of Gudbranson. He was the best defenseman on the ice tonight, and that's saying something, as everyone was solid on defense. After those two goals, everyone played a smart, physical game. 

Edler was terrifying. Ayahtollah was destroyed but got right back up. I suppose that's why Alex only got the two. Monstrous game from him. 

Pouliot was solid, as was Del Zotto. It was nice to see Mike get some lowered minutes. 

Hutton was surprisingly decent. Biega an absolute wrecking ball. 

Watch first goal again(granny wants a mulligan on that pass).......camera flips to Green on the bench reacting to a player saying LET's GO ! he nods in calm approval and yells GO !  himself he wasnt fazed at all.

It seems like the D and the Vets really settled the team down after 10 min. I think this team has a totally different mindset and a fresh look on the game. It shows in these gritty comebacks.

56 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

His best game as a Canuck?  Had the Sedins playing like their old selves, and could have easily had a couple goals and an assist or two.  If that line gets going, this team can get some real traction.

Makes Benning look good since that is what Eriksson was brought in for

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

What are Nilsson's updated stats?

I feel like they've gotta be even more sparkling after that one.

Season GP GS W L T OT SA GA GAA Sv% SO MIN
2017-2018 5 5 4 1 0 0 137 8 1.91 .942 2 251
NHL Career 82 71 32 33 0 8 2,411 217 2.90 .910 4 4,495

About the same, it was 1.88 gaa and 9.43 sv% before. But he got another win which is best stat of all. 

6 minutes ago, PCprincipal said:

Time to send jake to the comets? Throw him on a line with Goldie. He needs to play! Id rather him in over Ganger, Erickson, Burmistrov. But that's not likely to happen.

I think the plan all along was to not play Virtanen, and possibly Boeser as well for short stretches this year - so that they're closer to 60 games than 82,

Who knows - man makes plans and reality laughs - but I doubt Virtanen is going anywhere.

Gaunce almost bought himself some pine with that icing with about 22 seconds remaining.  Could see it on TG's face - trying not to get angry, but definitely a 'WTF was that?' brewing inside him.

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:
Season GP GS W L T OT SA GA GAA Sv% SO MIN
2017-2018 5 5 4 1 0 0 137 8 1.91 .942 2 251
NHL Career 82 71 32 33 0 8 2,411 217 2.90 .910 4 4,495

About the same, it was 1.88 gaa and 9.43 sv% before. But he got another win which is best stat of all. 

Is that the Matrix?

29 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Ya, I think he's gonna end up signing here. 4 years around 4 mill per year. 

Just look at what Dorsey did after the 1st LA goal. Those things can't be measured in stats but it's huge for a team. Gudbranson is needed here. Even as a 3rd pair guy when all Dmen are healthy. But he can play 2nd pair and against physical teams he's desperately needed to play big minutes as he was tonight. 

Pretty much this exactly. A lot riding high on Pouliot (which I’m obviously thrilled to see him playing well) by pointing out his corsi and that a lot of the same people slamming Gudbranson for the same assessment of play. Then oldnews comes along with posts like this and just shreds why you can’t only rely on corsi or advanced stats in general. 

33 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Wow.

Sutter with precisely 0% offensive zone starts.

Finishes with a corsi of 45.5%.   That is literally unreal.

Gaunce and Dorsett obviously with comparable underlying numbers.

And here's the problem for corsi gazers:  they can look at that figure - 45.5% - and conclude that Sutter was outshot, and conclude things like 'Sutter isn't as good as shot supression"  and "shot generation" as his opponents - and it's absolutely absurd.

Pouliot impresses me more and more every game.  What a heist that looks like at this point.

My point is is Gudbranson fills a need we literally don’t get out of any other defenseman we have and it also can’t be tracked in any way. Unfortunately guys that are purely stats don’t give it any credit at all... but I can guarantee there’s not a guy on the Canucks bench that didn’t get hyped up after Dorsett fighting, because at the end of the day physicality and intimidation plays a major role in a game. Gudbranson is a necessity on this team and I believe makes more skilled guys like Pouliot more free and comfortable to play their game. 

Someone else said earlier to sign Gudbranson for a 4x4 extension and I personally would be happy with that. 

Archived