The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Yute-Blockbuster..would U?

Sometimes on long runs I dream up proposals..helps pass the time/mileage more easily.

Now CDC'ers sure love their yutes..so I figured this would be interesting to throw out there.(note: not hard-sell advocating this. More interested in how valuably we consider ours, vs these NYI assets)

- seems the Isles have long had mediocrity in net

- This would give them 2 bonafied, US college stars

We'd send: Demko & Gaudette..(would we have to add one more piece? Say Rodin or Goldy?)

For: Barzal & the higher of their 2 2018 1st R picks(NYI & Flamers, whichever is better)

Local kid, who might very well become a star in Barzal.

+..this would actually give us THREE chances at landing the 2018 1st OA pick.

Would anyone jump on this?

12 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Sometimes on long runs I dream up proposals..helps pass the time/mileage more easily.

Now CDC'ers sure love their yutes..so I figured this would be interesting to throw out there.(note: not hard-sell advocating this. More interested in how valuably we consider ours, vs these NYI assets)

- seems the Isles have long had mediocrity in net

- This would give them 2 bonafied, US college stars

We'd send: Demko & Gaudette..(would we have to add one more piece? Say Rodin or Goldy?)

For: Barzal & the higher of their 2 2018 1st R picks(NYI & Flamers, whichever is better)

Local kid, who might very well become a star in Barzal.

+..this would actually give us THREE chances at landing the 2018 1st OA pick.

Would anyone jump on this?

No. Why? Demko has the potential to be an elite goalie. Look what that did for LA.

Gaudette while interesting is unproven so i don't know that he fetches the big return just yet. 

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

JWa24K4.png

Note: Tags are mandatory only in the Trades, Rumours, Signings forum and in the Proposals and Armchair GM'ing forum.

Hey VC..doesn't Would U? kind of indicate it's a proposal? Can I simply tag(discussion) if I'm mainly interested in opinions?

These kind of topic-threads help me get an indication of how highly some prospects are valued.

Just now, Nuxfanabroad said:

Well..no..But the Missus clobbered me with a frying pan recently for taking photos of a geisha...

Women are so fickle...

I've always been opposed to moving guys before they hit RFA, or are on the cusp of.

Demko could be and is showing like a legit #1 of the future. Gaudette is so raw and untested we still have no idea what he can be.  

To go full homer here, you could trading Kesler and Schneider for Barzal and a pick... 

I sure hope that Geisha was worth it

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

Women are so fickle...

I've always been opposed to moving guys before they hit RFA, or are on the cusp of.

Demko could be and is showing like a legit #1 of the future. Gaudette is so raw and untested we still have no idea what he can be.  

To go full homer here, you could trading Kesler and Schneider for Barzal and a pick... 

I sure hope that Geisha was worth it

Any decent proposal is coin for head or tail...

Just daydream about 3 kicks(even longshots) for that Dahlin kid.

TBH, I doubt either side would take the plunge..prob too darn risky!

Just now, Nuxfanabroad said:

Any decent proposal is coin for head or tail...

Just daydream about 3 kicks(even longshots) for that Dahlin kid.

TBH, I doubt either side would take the plunge..prob too darn risky!

Well, no. I think the Isles might take it and run.

Especially with the insurance package you proposed

41 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Why In God's name would we give up our future elite goaltender ? Demko has been lightsout in the A and is vital for our future.

Barzal is good for sure and having an extra 1st rounder would be great but no way I trade Demko and Gaudette for Barzal and a pick not to mention throwing in Goldy . Big Pass!

Archived