The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

{GDT} Vegas Golden Knights @ Vancouver Canucks | Nov 16 | 7PM | SN Pacific |

AlwaysACanuckFan

2 minutes ago, brownky said:

Eriksson is going to score tonight.

I dont know how or why I feel that way... and I'm kind of a Loui basher to boot... but still. It's a feeling.

If he plays like he played against LA, I agree. He looked positively possessed out there.

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

If he plays like he played against LA, I agree. He looked positively possessed out there.

That's probably a big reason. The LA game was probably the best game I've seen him play in a Canuck uni from start to finish. He's had flashes of 'pretty good' in other games, but it's like a football striker where he does nothing for 95% of the game and then does something really cool for the other 5% that sticks out. That LA performance was extremely solid start to finish. I was desperately hoping he was going to score on that skate to stick, that would have been marvelous for the confidence and for a reward to his play to that point.

2 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I wonder how many times a team has been forced to play their 5th string goalie?

7 times teams have been forced to use 6+ goalies in a season:

89-90 Nordiques - 7

02-03 Blues - 7

07-08 Kings - 7

98-01 each year Tampa used 6 goalie

13-14 Oilers - 6

Wonder if Vegas will be able to set an NHL record for goalies used in their first year

Just now, Sedinery33 said:

7 times teams have been forced to use 6+ goalies in a season:

89-90 Nordiques - 7

02-03 Blues - 7

07-08 Kings - 7

98-01 each year Tampa used 6 goalie

13-14 Oilers - 6

Wonder if Vegas will be able to set an NHL record for goalies used in their first year

Interesting! Does your source breakdown if they were all due to injury - so being forced to play their 7th string - or if some of those goalies were acquired through trade because of injuries?

26 minutes ago, Erik Karlsson said:

Is Jake playing? Also anyone else have rogers game centre or w.e? I have it with my phone plan, but every damn Canucks game is blacked out, would be nice to be able to watch at work.

If you're in BC, they'll always be blacking out the Canucks games... if you have cable at home, you might be able to stream it from your computer? 

7 minutes ago, brownky said:

That's probably a big reason. The LA game was probably the best game I've seen him play in a Canuck uni from start to finish. He's had flashes of 'pretty good' in other games, but it's like a football striker where he does nothing for 95% of the game and then does something really cool for the other 5% that sticks out. That LA performance was extremely solid start to finish. I was desperately hoping he was going to score on that skate to stick, that would have been marvelous for the confidence and for a reward to his play to that point.

Honestly, I thought he was just as good in the SJ game... he's come back with a vengeance... just has to score. Hope he gets the monkey off his back tonight. 

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

giphy.gif

Good lord... his watch costs more than I make in a year... 

Just googled him and his collection... must be nice to be a celebrity. "His collection spans a dozen Rolexes, five Richard Milles, as well as a couple Patek Philippe and Audemars Piguet watches."

1 minute ago, apollo said:

Good lord... his watch costs more than I make in a year... 

Just googled him and his collection... must be nice to be a celebrity. "His collection spans a dozen Rolexes, five Richard Milles, as well as a couple Patek Philippe and Audemars Piguet watches."

A person only needs one watch.

Virtanen is going to crush some nerds. get ready for virtanen getting ejected from the game lol.   i think hes going to get carried away with physicality.

I think he will be the next on our team to get ejected from a game whether that's tonight or later this week.

virtanen is coming in hot baby!!!!

It was only pre-season, but time to make a statement, especially after that shellacking.  Twins and Loui coming on, fifth-string goalie, just took out the Kings in their own rink, a win tonight leap-frogs us over Vegas and hopefully accelerates a slide for both of them.  Shutout would be nice for Marky, but even better a 5+ goal outburst including at least one for Loui.

Archived