The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Canucks talking to Montreal? - *warning - Eklund*

Podz92

7 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

what about the rest of 3 under-achieving seasons?

The LA game is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. I don't think Green started Sutter a single shift in the o-zone. No way do I see Plekanec being able to do that at his age.

Last season Montreal won the Atlantic. The season before Price was out th entire year with an injury.  I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.   And scoring goals has been on ongoing issue. Sutter does not solve that issue. At all 

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

Last season Montreal won the Atlantic. The season before Price was out th entire year with an injury.  I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. 

and folded like a cheap tent. My point is they are soft down the middle.

7 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

They couldn't put the puck in the net in the playoffs.  Sutter wouldn't have changed that 

you don't know that. If Sutter was there to shut down the Rangers PP you don't know what would have happened.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

you don't know that. If Sutter was there to shut down the Rangers PP you don't know what would have happened.

Once again. Plekanec filled the same roll as Sutter would have.  And despite what you think (not know. Because you clearly don't watch many Habs games) Plekanec was and still is a effective PKer. There is no way you can convince me that having a Sutter in over Plekanec would have been the difference. Especially if you're expecting Galchenyuk in return 

Just now, qwijibo said:

Once again. Plekanec filled the same roll as Sutter would have.  And despite what you think (not know. Because you clearly don't watch many Habs games) Plekanec was and still is a effective PKer. There is no way you can convince me that having a Sutter in over Plekanec would have been the difference. Especially if you're expecting Galchenyuk in return 

okie dokie. 35 year old Plekanec is better than Sutter. good to know.

1 hour ago, qwijibo said:

Not the same at all.  Subban returned Weber. An all star Norris D. I didn't  like the trade. But it's not like they traded Subban for a 4th line centre or a bunch of lessor pieces. 

No, but trading a disgruntled player who cannot crack the lineup on a regular basis and/or seems to have limited future in Montreal for a solid 3rd line centre with grit and high FO% is not an unreasonable trade concept.

Cheers

5 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

No, but trading a disgruntled player who cannot crack the lineup on a regular basis and/or seems to have limited future in Montreal for a solid 3rd line centre with grit and high FO% is not an unreasonable trade concept.

Cheers

Wtf are you talking about? Since when can't Galchenyuk crack the lineup? 

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

Wtf are you talking about? Since when can't Galchenyuk crack the lineup? 

Crack the lineup in the way he was projected to - he is not playing the minutes of an important piece nor is he getting key situations.   He is playing low-risk, protected minutes and still producing like a third line talent.

5 hours ago, D-Money said:

However, as for the general idea of buying low on Galchenyuk? Hell yeah. A young guy with the skill and shot to score 30 goals already? We need more skill, especially for the PP.

The Hipster Dufus must know he's on thin ice, don't see him selling low unless he's desperate just to make a move thinking it'll save his job.  We don't need any of the Hab's old junk that they'd want to pawn, and Galchenyuk like Granlund can't win face-offs so he's not a centre at this point.  Don't really see what we'd want from them. that they'd be willing to give up, but yeah, of course Benning has "talked" with them -- he talks with every GM regularly. 

17 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Crack the lineup in the way he was projected to - he is not playing the minutes of an important piece nor is he getting key situations.   He is playing low-risk, protected minutes and still producing like a third line talent.

He was near a point per game prior to his injury last season. He's had issues connecting with the new coach but seems to have gotten the messsge and is now on  the top line with Drouin and playing top unit power play.  

Galchenyuk has been to rehab, twice i think.  There is no way Benning brings in a kid with substance abuse problems. Especially on a rebuilding team with lots of young kids on it.  

Benning couldn't get Kassian out of here quick enough. He's not bringing a problem to this team. 

6 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Galchenyuk has been to rehab, twice i think.  There is no way Benning brings in a kid with substance abuse problems. Especially on a rebuilding team with lots of young kids on it.  

Benning couldn't get Kassian out of here quick enough. He's not bringing a problem to this team. 

i was unaware of those past issues.  when was his last rehab stint? recent or a few years ago?

2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

i was unaware of those past issues.  when was his last rehab stint? recent or a few years ago?

Not sure exactly when but usually it happens in the summer. It's completely confidential and first time thru the program player can contact the NHL, do the program and not even tell the team without any penalty. I believe the 2 nd time he has to notify his team.

A couple of weeks ago former coach Tremblay said he'd gone thru the NHL substance abuse program program maybe twice. Bergevin did not confirm nor deny the story, and said it's confidential and he wouldn't talk about those things. Galchenyuk also declined to comment. 

Screw Galchenyuk!! I would be inquiring about Domi after his slowwww start on a very $&!#ty arizona team. Im sorry guys i still feel the same about Baertschi. Call me a hater or whatever. I will never feel he is the answer for LW on the the Bo & Brock line. I just dont feel Sven has that next level to his game. Hes putting up points, but if we want to win hardware in the future, i dont feel hes the guy for that line. 

Archived