The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vegas Golden Knights vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Starting to worry about Green's choices...

Marky has lost 3 of last 4 but keeps getting the call over Nilsson who had better numbers.

Sedins with 16 + minutes tonight with 2 pps and they get 2 shots combined. The more they play, the worse we lose.  

They should be at 12-13 minutes. Green needs to realize their age and that they don't get better with more minutes, they get worse.

Team didn't feel like playing hockey tonight. They didn't engage physically, they were reluctant to move, pass, shoot the puck, they were afraid to get in the dirty areas. They just let the Golden Knights walk in their zone. Just a pathetic, uninspiring effort tonight.

My first reaction after the game, please bench Edler for a few games to send a message that his lack of focus is not acceptable.  He keeps on making mistakes that any rookie makes.  We knows that he can bring good things to this team.  He just takes this job for granted knowing that he will not be taken out of the game except for injury.  To shake his world up, take him out and he will wake up and focus on this job again.  That's the only way.  Give him a last-minute healthy scratches and his world would be shook up that he must response in two ways: play better, or pout and demand to be traded.  

As for PP, this is unacceptable way to play the man advantage.  I have been saying for a long time, split up the Sedin, put Vanek/Boeser on the same unit and choose one of Sedin and Horvat as a net presence to play with them with Pouliot..  We all knows that Edler wouldn't pass to Boeser on PP.  That's one way of sending a message to Edler.   I don't know what's with Edler for the love of passing back to the Sedin.  What's so special about Sedin nowadays?

If we want Virtenan to play again, scratch Eriksson to send another message and we'll see who will blink first, Edler or Eriksson with their response when they are back.  Sacrifice a game for the betterment of this team at this point forward.   It won't get better and going to be ugly until vets get the message that the team uninspired play is unacceptable.

8 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“We didn’t get off to the start we wanted and chasing is hard, you run out of energy. We need some better starts. Our game plan was to get pucks at the net and we didn’t.” - Dorsett

Seems to me they didn't have energy to begin with.

Archived