The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vegas Golden Knights vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

That he hasn't realized that yet is what concerns me.

He's showing future hall of famers respect, which I get, but he's not doing them any favors.

Like Torts used to say, you can't spoon feed players minutes. If they can't handle them anymore they shouldn't be playing them. It's not fair to them or the team.

Thank you Henrik and Daniel. You have been great over the years, but seriously, this needs to be your last year. Edler please say yes to anything but continuing in a Canucks uniform. Please take Eriksson with you. Gaunce. You belong in the AHL NOT the NHL. We have already had one Mason Raymond, we don't need another one. Markstrom. Please sit for a while and watch Nilsson play, and then when you're ready to come back, change your pre game routine so you're actually ready to play when you come back. 

:(

2 minutes ago, spur1 said:

The turning point of the game was when Edler played goalie on Vegas 2nd goal. 

Maybe he should have been a goalie.

He seems to like standing in the crease and watching the play. He wouldn't have to move much, and he already skates like a goalie.

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The Knights were able to make nice passes. Not sure that's an excuse.

I think the problem is we don't have any D-men that can consistently make flat tape-to-tape passes.

Games like this are really showing why we need Tanev and Stecher. They're the best on the team at making first passes that start our entire transition game. We didn't have it tonight because nobody could hit each others stick on the fly.

It’s just a more general comment on our ice 

it’s terrible, has been since nice day 1 at Rogers 

8 minutes ago, Odd. said:

How is Edler still 31 years old? The guy moves like he's  38 years old and for some reason I thought he was 34 or 35... Man can't play hockey

Edler has been playing like 41 year-old rec leaguer for years.  The same can be said for the other highly-paid Swedes on this team as well.

We aren't going anywhere fast with them dragging the team along.

1 minute ago, skategal said:

Sorry, not piling on the way it happens with CDC.  I watched the game saw lots of mistakes all round but other than the second goal I didn't think Edler was so bad to warrant the reaction on CDC.  I'm more frustrated with the overall lack of effort throughout the lineup.  I know that the first game home after a road trip can sometimes be tough, maybe that's what happened?  Only saw a bit of urgency in the second period, then when they came back out it was back to lethargy all round.  

It's more of his reputation as a lack of focus than anything else.  When playing like badly, it affects rest of the team.  It takes one great player to score and remain focused despite not playing well.  Making bad passes or misread any coverage will affect the team more than anything. It's like a domino effect.  I am not sure if Green is aware of his reputation but fans knows him well and earned that reputation.   The best defenseman is one who remains unnoticed when not playing well and he was noticed in a bad ways too many times.

11 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

BAG SKATE !

6AM !

WOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sedins/Eriksson/dEdler do double time until they puke 

Quite counter-productive and probably the worst thing to do when your team is tired as it is.

Instead, they should rest up until their next game on Saturday. 

Just now, DeNiro said:

He's showing future hall of famers respect, which I get, but he's not doing them any favors.

Like Torts used to say, you can't spoon feed players minutes. If they can't handle them anymore they shouldn't be playing them. It's not fair to them or the team.

I get the respect thing but it is making past heroes into current parias.  It is not fair to the rest of the team or the fan base to waste an entire season pandering to vets who are well past their sell-by date.  As you say, if they can't earn their icetime (and they are nit) they should be in the bench or in the press box.  Same goes for Marky, Nilsson had been better and should at least be getting equal opportunity to own the crease. Green seems to be falling into a pattern of entitlement in his deployment. 

Archived