The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Maple Leafs Have Interest In Erik Gudbranson

Bo53Horvat

This post has what is needed, for people who dont think it does, or dont want to click a link to find out it has a reliable source from tva sports then thats just being lazy.

Could he have posted the info and not just the link....sure but the OP still posted a proper link, I was actually impressed when I clicked the link and it had some proper info with a legit source.

3 hours ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

You people don't seriously believe we could get something of value for him, do you?

It depends on what you mean by value.

As a pure rental at the deadline you are looking at a 2nd rounder (probably a mid-late one since it will be playoff teams who would be in the market.

Before Christmas with a sign and trade where the team gets to talk to him about an extension and knows they have him under club control and at what price?

Value then is a late 1st rounder or a blue chip prospect and a later pick.

He is a more attractive player than either Burrows or Hansen and they got us good returns.  

6 minutes ago, Provost said:

It depends on what you mean by value.

As a pure rental at the deadline you are looking at a 2nd rounder (probably a mid-late one since it will be playoff teams who would be in the market.

Before Christmas with a sign and trade where the team gets to talk to him about an extension and knows they have him under club control and at what price?

Value then is a late 1st rounder or a blue chip prospect and a later pick.

He is a more attractive player than either Burrows or Hansen and they got us good returns.  

He can't even be signed until after Jan 1st 

Don’t see the leafs offering much for gudbranson prolly better off to look elsewhere. Don’t see us getting equal value back for what we gave up for him. When we got him at least there was still 2 years of cost certainty. He’s headed for rfa next year and will be asking north of 5 mil easy. Not worth it for the type of production and what he brings to the table. Toronto will run into cap issue so there’s not even guarantee they can afford him.if a team offer a 1st for him id take it and run

5 hours ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

You people don't seriously believe we could get something of value for him, do you?

Well we are trying to talk this year right?

So if it is a choice between him or you.  Of course we are trading Gudbranson.

At least if we keep you lurking about people will know we suck 

:bigblush:

1 hour ago, c00kies said:

Didn't Jeff Petry fetch a first rounder for Edmonton a couple years ago at the TD? No reason Guddy couldn't do that.

Edit: it was a second and fifth rounder.

That sounds about right. Maybe a 2nd and 3rd but I would be shocked if we got any more than that. Personally, I'd trade him to whoever offers us the best prospect 1 for 1. Quality over quantity. 

Lilljegren is a pipe dream, I wanted him in the draft, happy we got Pettersen but at the time that is who I wanted. 

I think best case scenario if trading him will be later in the season closer to TDL.  If we can do like Burrows and work out extension with team then a first rounder or high level prospect is not a unreasonable expectation of return.

Toronto could definitely use a D and we are in a decent position to move one.  Edler anyone, please.

12 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

Sall...buddy...if the day ever comes that we trade Gudbranson...prepare to be disappointed. 

actually I'd prefer to keep him and get him on a pairing other than with Hutton. But on his trade value its funny there's a lot of folks on CDC who don't think he's worth a bag of pucks. I don't get it, but we'll see where it lands. 

17 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

With how much Bennington 9000 gave up for him, value would have to be a kings ransom. 

meh, it wasn't that much. Where would McCann be right now in our system? maybe somewhere on the wing in the bottom 6? And JB got Dahlen anyway with the Burr trade. IMO we're much father ahead overall with Guddy and Dahlen in our system than McCann and two picks. 

12 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

Sall...buddy...if the day ever comes that we trade Gudbranson...prepare to be disappointed. 

I'll certainly be disappointed.  Return to Canuck players being pushed around and pounded into the boards.  Remember that?

When have you seen that happen this year?  Guys are playing with confidence.  Guddy keeping the opposition in line.  Like Hansen said 'Guddy has everyone playing bigger'.

Archived