The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal Van+NJD

To NJD: Gud + Granlund

To Van: Pavel Zacha + Prout

Gud and Granlund stabilize their squad so their skill can focus on doing the scoring. Zacha gives us a very good LW PF prospect whom I think has been mis cast in development in NJ. I drool at the idea of a Zacha Gaudette Goldy line. Prout can lace em up occasionally when intangibles are required.

This is really Granny and Guddy for Zacha.  Prout is terribly meh.  4 games out of 19.

Seeing as both Granny and Guddy are looking for new contracts at the end of the season, I doubt NJ would trade Zacha for them.

He would be a nice addition though.

I think it depends on how much the Devils could use Erik in their lineup; from the looks of it Santini and Lovejoy are already solid physical/ defensive options, do they really need him?  Probably safe to assume that Severson keeps his spot.  Prout is also on a reasonable deal for a depth defender so even including him won't be much money saved at all for them.  Zacha, if he's as good as he's touted to be (and he should be pretty good as an early 1st round pick) probably provides more upside to them than Granny, who's probably more of a Swiss Army knife/ Burrows type player.  If defense and two-way play are what they're looking for then can definitely see it, though we probably still need to add for a young gun like Pavel.

Not unrealistic, but just need everything to align for it to happen (e.g. Devils are win-now and ready to sacrifice a guy like Pavel for two complementary guys).

2 hours ago, hammertime said:

To NJD: Gud + Granlund

To Van: Pavel Zacha + Prout

Gud and Granlund stabilize their squad so their skill can focus on doing the scoring. Zacha gives us a very good LW PF prospect whom I think has been mis cast in development in NJ. I drool at the idea of a Zacha Gaudette Goldy line. Prout can lace em up occasionally when intangibles are required.

if you offered horvat instead of granlund, they might go for it. you have to give up something you don't want to give up to get great prospects. 

44 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

if you offered horvat instead of granlund, they might go for it. you have to give up something you don't want to give up to get great prospects. 

Zacha hasn't proven anything yet. He is 20  w 86 nhl games played and only 10g 21a to put that in perspective Granlund alone in his first 86 lackluster games in Calgary being used in a defensive role had 14g 14a not to mention Granlunds explosion last season. He (Granlund) already plays the role here quite well that NJD seem to be shoe horning Zacha into. I simply feel Granlund is a very good fit for them.

As for Gud I would be very surprized if he didn't become a fan favorite in that town.

I'm curious if you wouldn't take a young 2way 20 goal scorer that plays all 3 positions and a young punishing top4 RHD with leadership qualities in exchange for Virtanen.

1 hour ago, smithers joe said:

why do a lot of people overvalue players without doing research on production, intangibles, among other things? Horvat for Zacha, youve been smoking that cheeba i see. It would have to be an extremely good offer to pry Horvat away. Im not even sure id trade him for Hall and hes arguably a top 5 LW in the league. 

Archived