The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

And the world, will be a better place - Manson dead at 83

Heretic

5 hours ago, Cerridwen said:

Damned right the world is a better place with one less monster in it.

Misguided?      "MISGUIDED"?  Are you &^@#ing kidding me????? :rolleyes:

Any time there is one less person the likes of Charles Manson in the world, the world is indeed a better place. One at a time, having them gone, one at a time. We're not here discussing the other evil monsters in the world, we're talking about Charles Manson. We're also not here to discuss politics in this thread. Thank you.

oh give your head a shake. for every Manson dead two more are born in this world. Do you really think we will ever arrive at a place of nirvana on earth through attrition Pollyanna? 

20 minutes ago, nucklehead said:

oh give your head a shake. for every Manson dead two more are born in this world. Do you really think we will ever arrive at a place of nirvana on earth through attrition Pollyanna? 

Give MY head a shake???? It seems to me YOU are the one who said Manson was (and I quote), "misguided". It's a good day whenever a monster is removed from the world. Don't know why you keep trying to put words in my mouth when all I did was comment that it's a GREAT day because the world is blessed with one less monster.

Nice touch with the 'Pollyanna', btw....baiting but no cigar. You're the one  trying to take my simple and straight forward comment/opinion about ♫ Goodbye Manson ♫ places I haven't gone. Tsk, tsk.

7 hours ago, nucklehead said:

You think the passing of one misguided lunatic makes the world a better place? In the time he has been in prison unimaginable evil has been unleashed in this world and the current lunatics at the top are beyond evil. 

You're right the current world is full of very evil people.

But I think we can still be content or happy that this monster is gone. For me Charles Manson was the first person that I had heard about when I was young that had so much control over his followers. It was so freaky to me that someone could brainwash another....a true cult leader with a massive effect on our culture. He was a real life boogyman in reputation, inspired artists like Marilyn Manson an many movies / documentaries. https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/nov/20/charles-manson-pop-culture-dark-obsession-guns-n-roses-mad-men

15 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I know there are some advocates for capital punishment on CDC, but IMHO, this is exactly how a scumbag like Manson should go out....

...after years of being locked away, friendless, forgotten and unimportant....finally checking out with little to no fanfare... 

He was hardly forgotten.  Just look at the headline news around the world today.   Throughout his stay in prison, he gave interviews to major media, appeared in numerous parole hearings.   He was in the news all the time.

As for being friendless, well, he got a ton of fan mail, a nut job woman even wanted to marry him.

7 hours ago, Lancaster said:

Maybe if there was torture included or something.... sure.  Or maybe becoming "unperson".

Wouldn't mind either if he was just stuck at some prison with conditions like some 3rd world country  but he costed taxpayers like 70k per year... so it's like 2.3 million or something total.  

Sometimes just 50 cents worth of brass and lead may be the better option in cases such as this.  

It's a common sentiment, but evidence shows that it's more expensive to execute someone than it is to put them away for life.

That being said, I agree with Shifty. I would have preferred that 60 minutes (or whoever that was) was not allowed to interview him in prison. 

Zero exposure.

6 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It's a common sentiment, but evidence shows that it's more expensive to execute someone than it is to put them away for life.

That being said, I agree with Shifty. I would have preferred that 60 minutes (or whoever that was) was not allowed to interview him in prison. 

Zero exposure.

Probably has to do with all that lawyer stuff.  

But for cases such as this where guilt is without any doubt, the convicted completely impossible to be rehabilitated and shows no remorse.... not really sure what is there to argue about.  The execution should be rubber stamped IMO.

18 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I know there are some advocates for capital punishment on CDC, but IMHO, this is exactly how a scumbag like Manson should go out....

...after years of being locked away, friendless, forgotten and unimportant....finally checking out with little to no fanfare... 

He had countless pen pals, girls who wanted to marry him. Hell, Axl rose published a song of his and put in on one of their albums.  He did countless interviews, wrote books, created many paintings that there was a demand for. He had access to TV, internet, 3 square meals a day and a roof over his head.  Now dead, the world is talking about him.

Then there is the cost to the tax payer to house him and the parole hearings that the victims families had to live through. When sick he was able to go to a hospital and pass away, no doubt drugged up and pain free.

Now if he would have spent all his days in a 4x6 cell never seeing the light while only eating crap food and left to die a slow painful death, I might agree with you.

7 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Probably has to do with all that lawyer stuff.  

But for cases such as this where guilt is without any doubt, the convicted completely impossible to be rehabilitated and shows no remorse.... not really sure what is there to argue about.  The execution should be rubber stamped IMO.

I'm anti-capital punishment, even for "rubber stamp" types like Manson. However, I see no need to pursue this line of discussion. I doubt that either of us will be able to change the other's mind. 

I'm not even going to say the world is a better place. That places him in too high of a pedistial. Manson died a long time ago. So long ago that while his body rotting in jail his relevancy in this word amounted to about zero. Exactly what he feared would happen to him. The headline should be Manson dead at 83 and no one cared.

35 minutes ago, apollo said:

Why didn't anyone in jail ever kill him earlier?

They tried...

Two years later, Manson was doused with a flammable liquid and set ablaze by a fellow Vacaville inmate, who told guards he attacked Manson in retaliation for threats the cult leader made against him for practicing the Hare Krishna faith. Manson was treated for second- and third-degree burns, and his scalp, hair and beard were singed.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-charles-manson-prison-behavior-20170104-story.html

Archived