The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Philip Holm from Utica, re-assign Patrick Wiercioch

Odd.

It will be interesting to see if  Holm gets any ice time - like to see what he can bring

Sad to see Rodin on waivers but sitting in Utica isn't doing the man any favors. Maybe he can play in the Swedish league. Wish him the best.

16 minutes ago, Davathor said:

No comments on Rodin asking to be released? I got slagged early season for saying he's a bust, and not good enough for the big league.

Don't let the door hit ya Anton!

He deserves a line or two.  Anton Rodin; A Series of Unfortunate Events reaches its final scene.  His injuries couldn't have happened at a worse time for him. Without them, he could have maybe found a place on this team in the first wave of the rebuild along with players like Horvat and Baertschi.

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I hope so. I'd like to see him in for Biega before Tanev or Stecher comes back. 

A trade..... maybe. This seems like more of a chance for Jim to see what Holm has, assuming Green is willing to play him. 

I hope so too. Would be nice to see Holm make an appearance on this road trip 

Hope Holm gets a decent chance, I've got a feeling he's going to be very different to the Larssen experiment. Much bigger, stronger and better defensively, excelled in the SHL and is killing it at the AHL level and a big reason the Comets have done as well as they have.

I think we should give Stecher an AHL conditioning stint, he was far from great before his injury as it was. Tanev back ASAP but I'd love to see what Holm can do. 

Wouldn't mind seeing what Holm could do on the right side with MDZ or Edler ideally, the two Swedes might complement each other nicely. If he can only play the left well then pair him with Gudbranson.

D-men coming back in hordes.

Rodin given walkin' papers.

Utica floundering like a floppin' Coho.

Folks..a trade is in the works. There's a few desperate Cdn franchises..namely Edm & Habbies. Also Ott's D are getting hit with injuries.

Predicting we deal a fwd & a D(pkg), getting 3 or 4 puzzle pieces back, for the grand jigsaw.(E4)!

I''m disappointed to see Rodin go.  

Anxious to see what Holm is made of.  He's the hybrid PMD / Defensive D.  Above average size, solid defensively, great skater, makes smart plays quickly. Olli Maatta... 

Stops short of grabbing the puck & hauling it up ice. Or blasting howitzer's from the point. 

2 hours ago, Davathor said:

No comments on Rodin asking to be released? I got slagged early season for saying he's a bust, and not good enough for the big league.

Don't let the door hit ya Anton!

Lol same here, you see there’s this thing cdc doesn’t like and it’s called reality. The nhl has changed and if a player is not making it by 23, they’ll never be a full time player. So if you’re thinking a player at 26(almost 27) is going to break into a league(that most players are done by 33 or 34) as a rookie and going to excel.... well that’s some kind of childish delusion that I wish I could believe. 

3 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Lol same here, you see there’s this thing cdc doesn’t like and it’s called reality. The nhl has changed and if a player is not making it by 23, they’ll never be a full time player. So if you’re thinking a player at 26(almost 27) is going to break into a league(that most players are done by 33 or 34) as a rookie and going to excel.... well that’s some kind of childish delusion that I wish I could believe. 

http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/player/7878  http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/player/10508 http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/player/8372

Very dangerous to presume one formula fits all. No 25 / 26 year old players will make an impact? Bring good players to camp; see who wins...

Snooze you lose!

12 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I''m disappointed to see Rodin go.  

Anxious to see what Holm is made of.  He's the hybrid PMD / Defensive D.  Above average size, solid defensively, great skater, makes smart plays quickly. Olli Maatta... 

Stops short of grabbing the puck & hauling it up ice. Or blasting howitzer's from the point. 

I didn't think our D would suck at scoring this year.But they sure do.

6 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/player/7878  http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/player/10508 http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/player/8372

Very dangerous to presume one formula fits all. No 25 / 26 year old players will make an impact? Bring good players to camp; see who wins...

Snooze you lose!

I think a team needs their core group together first.  These are only complimentary players, who will support the core, then be traded for picks when they earn a bigger payday.  If we had guys like that on our current roster, they would only serve to get us to the middle of the standings, and a worse draft position.  Holm might be a good player, but is he really going to get us to the Cup?  I agree these older guys can (and do) make impact on teams, but we need to stay at the bottom to build a winning core first.

5 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I didn't think our D would suck at scoring this year.But they sure do.

What made you change your mind compared to last year? D typically score on the PP. Canucks PP has been inept for what about 3 seasons now? The top 4 defencemen on the team (Edler, Guddy, Hutton and Tanev) aren't exactly offensive dynamos. Del Zotto has had some offensive prowess in the past but right now I'm sure his only concern is being solid defensively and getting a bit of a long term deal. Pouliot has never really delivered on his potential either. Pretty much leaves no one to score from the blue line.

Archived