The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

At what point for Brocket Boeser

linden17

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Heh, couldn't help read this and think "Whose record to Brock tie again?  Oh yeah, Jason King" 

I only know Jason King though Google - take it he was good for a bit and then tanked.   It happens.  Unlikely for Boeser but....

9 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I only know Jason King though Google - take it he was good for a bit and then tanked.   It happens.  Unlikely for Boeser but....

He formed the famous "Matress line" (two twins and a king) and was an early benifactor of the Sedins' playmaking prowess. 

Just now, Rob_Zepp said:

He won rookie of the month in a November years ago while playing with the Twins. (Reid Boucher may be a current comparable)  He didn't have the pedigree of Boeser (so I don't think expectations were as high), but it is still a lesson of being careful with expectations.  I'd agree that Boeser isn't likely to be a flavour of the month, but he's due for a stretch where the puck doesn't seem to go in as easily.  So far he's shown that he can distribute the puck when he's not getting goals and that's a great sign.

1 hour ago, Gollumpus said:

Well, if he gets closer to the top 10 in scoring (he's currently around 40th) I'll pay more attention to that. Personal preference. 

Right now, I'm just enjoying the ride.

regards,  G.

He's actually in 20th among players with 14 or more games in points-per-game. Still, you make a good point. Many players have started off hot, so let's be patient and not call him a superstar just yet.

13 hours ago, bobbyg43 said:

Pavel Bure was only one really you could sense when he got on ice something special was gonna happen.

you are talking about someone that was a generational talent with the skating ability of McDavid and hands similar to Lemieux. Its not really fair to compare Boeser to someone like that. I mean how many guys are similar to Bure aside from McDavid? Boeser reminds me of a bigger version of Naslund and I could see him getting 40 goals at some point in his career with the way he shoots. Pair him with a player like Pettersson who has elite playmaking abilities and the sky is the limit. 

16 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

He's actually in 20th among players with 14 or more games in points-per-game. Still, you make a good point. Many players have started off hot, so let's be patient and not call him a superstar just yet.

I still see him be at least in the top 20 for points at the end of the season which is phenomenal for a rookie.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

He won rookie of the month in a November years ago while playing with the Twins. (Reid Boucher may be a current comparable)  He didn't have the pedigree of Boeser (so I don't think expectations were as high), but it is still a lesson of being careful with expectations.  I'd agree that Boeser isn't likely to be a flavour of the month, but he's due for a stretch where the puck doesn't seem to go in as easily.  So far he's shown that he can distribute the puck when he's not getting goals and that's a great sign.

Boeser has the ability to score goals and also has great playmaking ability. His hockey IQ is off the charts so he is in a different planet in terms of skills as compared to King who was playing with the Sedins in their prime. I would say Boeser can still get points just through his playmaking ability if the pucks don't start going for him in the net which would be rare because of how hard and accurate his shots are. So I don't see any long stretches where he doesn't get any points like Horvat had because I think he is a better player and has a higher IQ. He is probably one of the main reasons also why our 1st line is so successful. 

58 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I agree that his ppt is great, but I'm holding off on my accolades until the season is over. 

regards,  G.

57 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Also, if you factor in ice time, he's probably already top-ten in the entire NHL in points per minute played. If he can keep this pace up all year, he's going to be a lock for the Calder. And if he can improve even a little, many people, even those who aren't Canucks fans, will be calling him a superstar.

Brock was welcomed by the orcas early in the season. Like i said the guys who go out on the beautiful pacific ocean where the hockey orcas live they bless them with british columbia skills and power..look at dorsett  sven bert markstrom and brock...they all have been out there...jim banning green all fish for kids and this act has bless them to excel in hockey....the west coast has the air and atmosphere that gives hockey players the gift you need..it works but not all times..just like the orcas they will keep on  competing

7 hours ago, J-23 said:

He should do what Horvat did in past offseason and work on his skating. It made Horvat a better player so why not him.

You think that ever player doesn't try that? For some people, they just can't increase their speed much more then where they are. Horvat is a rare case where he made a majour improvement.

2 hours ago, Lastresort318 said:

You think that ever player doesn't try that? For some people, they just can't increase their speed much more then where they are. Horvat is a rare case where he made a majour improvement.

Still worth it, even a little bit of improvement would help.

Archived