The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Pete M said:

Edler didn't know what to think after he passed Boeser the puck and Boeser sniped it....hopefully, he is thinking that he will do it more often rather than passing it around the perimeter to the Sedins.

If you have a sniper, then pass him the puck.

He was thinking "Sorry Hank, I didn't mean to ignore you."

8 minutes ago, ThaManbeast said:

I see the correlation I just don't see what's wrong/offensive about making Brocket a Boeser thing instead of a random racist Albertan thing.

The phrase Brocket Rocket was used letter for letter in the skit( which I found to be one of the funniest things I have ever heard) but it is racist as hell...  side note my native buddies thought it was a riot to.  Still you know how easily snowflakes melt why set them off ? It makes for a horrible PC atmosphere at least we can try to be be covertly old school :ph34r:

1 minute ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

Last time they met, Matt Murray said that Boeser was just lucky and that the Penguins dominated. https://www.nhl.com/penguins/video/post-game-matt-murray-110417/t-277437428/c-54266603 I'm curious to hear what he has to say this time. 

Dude needs to shave his eyebrows man.

Seriously. Is he trying to win a bet against Jennifer Connelly??

4 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

HELLO!!!! I'M PAUL ROMANUK AND EVERY TIME I OPEN MY MOUTH I MAKE SURE I'M SCREAMING!!!!! BECAUSE, SCREAMING IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!! AND I THINK IT MAKES ME LOOK AND SOUND BADASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ARE YOU SURE YOU'RE NOT MARK LEE!!!!!!!!
::D

Brock Boeser is the difference maker once again.   Without him, it's hard to imagine where the Canucks might end up in the standing.  His shots is so good that goaltender didn't even flinch to move to stop it.   He looked like Ovi with his snipe and teams will look to stop by any means and Brock would still find a way to score in so many different ways.  I can see Brock's defensive game is improving each time, making defensive reads and his read is a lot better than most forwards on this team and is noticeable defensively as well.

Nilsson is looking like a #1 starter and Marky would need to continue playing well otherwise Nilsson might steal that job away from him.  We'd have a contest for the #1 job now.   For as long as the Canucks road schedule is difficult, I can see them taking turns until one of them snatch the job away.    In a whole month of December, they play every other day except for Christmas break and first 2 days off after Leafs game.  It's a good idea to play games once every 4th days, 3 days off for each goaltender to remain fresh during the stretch.  We won't have any easier schedule until February so might as well take advantage of it once this trip is over.  December and January is full of home games and short trips that resulted in 5 days off so take advantage of it.  February and March will be very difficult so better to take it while they can at home.  

On a side note, Gaunce is very unselfish player and am glad that he is for the team, not for himself and he'll get one for himself sooner than later.  

10 minutes ago, kilgore said:

The word Brocket was just the name of the fictional town that that racist play was set in. It has no racist meaning by itself. And Boeser and the word Rocket to describe great hockey players, are much more known than that play. Which I had to look up yesterday.

I get it I am not the PC police,   I would Rock it if  I could lol

11 minutes ago, kilgore said:

The word Brocket was just the name of the fictional town that that racist play was set in. It has no racist meaning by itself. And Boeser and the word Rocket to describe great hockey players, are much more known than that play. Which I had to look up yesterday.

Actually I believe the town of brocket does in fact exist.

Archived