The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017/18 WJHC Thread

RRypien37

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Not Woll's fault.

The Swedes just manufacture plays - that is all.  And are outclassing the USA all over the ice in the second half of this game.

Woll kept them in this through 2.

Yup.  The Woll pull seemed a bit strange to me.  Every goal was a beauty and 3 were bar down snipes

3 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

I know it’s somewhat blasphemous to praise a Leafs prospect on here but has anybody else liked watching Liljegren this tournament? Dahlin and Brannstrom get most of the praise but I think he’s been very solid. 

Liljegren has made some nice stretch passes in this tournament, but hasn't really been prominent at all.  Still, talented player to watch - but he has been getting his share of praise - the first game of the tournament they pumped his tires endlessly....and he was 4th on the TSN list of ten drafted players to watch (a list that excluded Pettersson).

Just now, SamJamIam said:

Yup.  The Woll pull seemed a bit strange to me.  Every goal was a beauty and 3 were bar down snipes

laser beams.  not his fault. but the coach has to do something to shake it up.  there you go. shutout broken

Just now, oldnews said:

Liljegren has made some nice stretch passes in this tournament, but hasn't really been prominent at all.  Still, talented player to watch - but he has been getting his share of praise - the first game of the tournament they pumped his tires endlessly....and he was 4th on a list of ten drafted players to watch (a list that excluded Pettersson).

Yeah he has been recognized but not as much as the top pair, and I think he’s been better than Brannstrom on the whole especially when you factor in who they’re paired with. His physical game as been better than I expected too. I’ve seen him throw some good hits and use his body to separate man from puck quite a few times. 

Archived