Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017/18 WJHC Thread


RRypien37

Recommended Posts

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Stupid slash by Steen

Very.   Crap move.   Not required.   Game long over.   Yamamoto is a player who hits no one and wasn't doing any damage to Swedes on scoresheet or otherwise.   Not a cool play at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

that and Buffalo prospect.... <_< he was crap in this game. 

It was for the whole tournament which is even more confusing. He didn't have a strong tournament.

 

I think the buffalo connection and the fact this is his last tournament had to do with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Very.   Crap move.   Not required.   Game long over.   Yamamoto is a player who hits no one and wasn't doing any damage to Swedes on scoresheet or otherwise.   Not a cool play at all.

he's the guy that hit Mete with a minute left.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CANUCK-EXPRESS said:

How the hell did Nylander get one of the best players award over Pettersson??

That being said, I still think Pettersson has more to give.

 

He has stretches where he plays a little reluctant to make plays and looks a little intimidated. 

 

Maybe the coaches told him to focus more on his own end, who knows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

That being said, I still think Pettersson has more to give.

 

He has stretches where he plays a little reluctant to make plays and looks a little intimidated. 

 

Maybe the coaches told him to focus more on his own end, who knows.

H'es been dynamite on the PP, but I think he can do a bit more 5 on 5.  He has the ability to drive play in all situations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Bang Bang Boogie said:

H'es been dynamite on the PP, but I think he can do a bit more 5 on 5.  He has the ability to drive play in all situations.

It's frustrating watching a skilled player play safe. You know he can beat guys one on one, but then he would go for the safe dump in.

 

Again that could very likely be coaching getting him to play that way. The good thing is that doesn't appear to be the case in the SHL. They seem to be encouraging creativity from him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...