The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. New Jersey Devils

-Vintage Canuck-

Honestly I just dont have a lot of faith in Markstrom. The Canucks need to score at least 3 goals per game almost every time he's in the net if they want to win.

Out of Markstrom's 16 starts we've needed 2 goals to win only 2 times. And of course, no shutouts.

I'd like to see more starts for Nilsson.

For the Canucks next game, I suggest smelling salts. Sometimes the opponent just makes you look bad like we did in the previous 2 games. And sometimes there are momentum shifts and you just come out on the wrong side of the result. I liked that game and we definitely could have won it. The league is so damn tight now that Vegas, Jersey and Vancouver are relevant. as always GCG.

1 minute ago, Riviera82 said:

Honestly I just dont have a lot of faith in Markstrom. The Canucks need to score at least 3 goals per game almost every time he's in the net if they want to win.

Out of Markstrom's 16 starts we've needed 2 goals to win only 2 times. And of course, no shutouts.

I'd like to see more starts for Nilsson.

I agree.  Marky has not played well enough to win the starting job and has Nilsson has been better.   

Nilsson deserves more starts.

Daniel Bo Boeser

Baer Hank Virtanen

Eriksson Gran Vanek

Gaunce Sutter Biega

After Daniel hits 1,000 pts, sometimes flip him & Baer

Send Gagner down to the farm to pick berries.

From mid-season, give Arch, Labate & MacEwan cracks at it. Will need more size/attitude in the 2nd half.

1 minute ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Daniel Bo Boeser

Baer Hank Virtanen

Eriksson Gran Vanek

Gaunce Sutter Biega

From mid-season, give Arch, Labate & MacEwan cracks at it. Will need more size/attitude in the 2nd half.

You fail at life,there is like 1% chance they break up the Bo-Baer-Boeser line.

3 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Daniel Bo Boeser

Baer Hank Virtanen

Eriksson Gran Vanek

Gaunce Sutter Biega

Won't happen.   Green was saying that Baer-Horvat-Boeser are something they planned at the start of the season.  

1 minute ago, mll said:

Won't happen.   Green was saying that Baer-Horvat-Boeser are something they planned at the start of the season.  

Some games the lines are flat, TG doesn't seem reluctant to shift a few guys around. Don't have to etch these(or any) lines in granite. Injuries too can move people around.

1 minute ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Some games the lines are flat, TG doesn't seem reluctant to shift a few guys around. Don't have to etch these(or any) lines in granite. Injuries too can move people around.

Of course he'll shift guys around like he did today but they are unlikely to not start a game together.  

17 minutes ago, falcons said:

Jake looks terrible out there. No confidence , no hockey IQ , some players never get past junior hockey . 

Take him off the Sedin line, switch Jake with Granlund. But then Granlund's minutes drop even with PK time.

I think your criticism is a bit harsh considering his linemates are not a good fit for Jake's game.

Archived