The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NY and Nashville - Anyone Going to the Games?

Hectic

Just wondering if any Canucks fans will be in New York or Nashville to catch the games vs the Rangers, Islanders, or Preds - got some time off and figured it would be pretty sweet to catch the second half of this road trip! Never been to these cities before either so should be pretty good -  feel free to pass along suggestions of things to do if you’ve been :) 

Would love to catch games in as many cities as possible - consider it a bucket list item for sure. So far I’ve been to Boston and Calgary, and Vegas is also a must this year. For those who have been to games in other arenas, which cities/teams stood out to you? 

been to NJ and Rangers games before. NJ are a is nice, new, but location is so-so.

MSG is old, but the location and history is nice. they did some renovations recently.  I'm going to the game tomorrow.  The best experience was back in 2010-2011, when Nux were the best in NHL, and a quarter of fans that night were Canucks fan. I even got on Sportsnet a second or two during a time out. Aquilini was in town, and he came to see us in an after game party at a pub near the stadium.  

I went to Nashville and NYR. I did NYI but while they were in Uniondale. The Predators are playing right in the middle of the action on Broadway. If you like country music you are going to have a blast. I didn't attend a hockey game there though. Same thing for Madison Square Garden, right in the heart of Manhattan. 2 fantastic places to go. You can't miss your trip.

I saw NHL games in:

Montreal (Forum and Bell Centre)

Quebec City

Hartford

Boston (Boston Garden)

NY Islanders in Uniondale

NY Rangers

Philadelphia (Old Spectrum)

Pittsburgh (Old Igloo)

Chicago (Old Stadium)

Vancouver

Arizona

Washington (Old Capital Centre)

Buffalo

Was a great game at MSG! Barely any Canucks fans around me but still showing pride when we scored.. gotta say though, the Rangers goal song really changed the dynamic of the game. When it was 2-0 I was kinda hoping they would score so I could at least hear the song.. I guess that one’s on me :P 

Onto NYI tomorrow! 

On 11/25/2017 at 12:53 PM, Jaimito said:

been to NJ and Rangers games before. NJ are a is nice, new, but location is so-so.

MSG is old, but the location and history is nice. they did some renovations recently.  I'm going to the game tomorrow.  The best experience was back in 2010-2011, when Nux were the best in NHL, and a quarter of fans that night were Canucks fan. I even got on Sportsnet a second or two during a time out. Aquilini was in town, and he came to see us in an after game party at a pub near the stadium.  

I'm going to a game in NJ in late December, what is it about the location? Any advice you would give to someone going? 

I've been to MSG and it is a very nice arena - was surprised by how many escalators you have to take to get up. Barclays was okay, seats are a little smaller, more cramped, and some of them shouldn't be for sale. 

I like the arena in Dallas as well, the main concourse is ground level, it's set up pretty well. Got on the Jumbotron there too (was sitting behind some hot chicks). 

Archived