The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Flat Earther to Launch Himself into Space Today

nucklehead

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

I'm just curious why proof of Osama's death wasn't recorded. I believe they dumped him at sea afterwards? Why? You'd think after capturing this guy and killing him, they'd have that image plastered on every news cover in the world. Yet, it's all very hush hush, no evidence. One thing is certain, America wanted that oil.

They were most than willing to show the shot up bodies of Saddam's sons.  

I don't think the earth is completely flat, but I also don't believe it's completely circular round either. It's definitely flat in some areas, but also drops off in many areas, the Oceans cover lots of deep holes in the earth because of gravity. It would be very interesting to see what earth would really look like without all the water, then we would know for sure.

6 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Did you know there has been a marathon ran yearly on Antarctica since '95?

Are all the military guarding the continent in on the conspiracy? 

Are all the commercial pilots in on it?

What makes the shadows on the moon?

Oh, I have to stop myself.  I adore people that live in a world like yours. I'm a bit jealous, to you the world is full of fantasy and secrets. These days mine is full of just how simple and daft human kind is.

https://www.popsci.com/10-ways-you-can-prove-earth-is-round#page-16

explain gravity lol

51 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I don't think the earth is completely flat, but I also don't believe it's completely circular round either. It's definitely flat in some areas, but also drops off in many areas, the Oceans cover lots of deep holes in the earth because of gravity. It would be very interesting to see what earth would really look like without all the water, then we would know for sure.

not hard to imagine a bowl

56 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

The Mariana Trench is about 11 Km deep and Everest is under 9 km high. That's about 20k from the highest to the lowest point.

The Earth's diameter is 12,750 Km. I'm thinking it would still look pretty much like a ball...

1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

The earth is a sphere.  Make a basketball the size of the earth.  It would be really bumpy, with massive mountains and deep valleys.  It's still a sphere though.  Shrink the earth to the size of a basketball, and it's extremely smooth, but it's still a sphere.  

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Well he finally did it.

Felt like I was back in the early 00’s with the music of that 2nd video. 

I could be wrong, but he didn’t seem to go higher than a lot of buildings in the world? Definitely not higher than sky divers.

On 2017-11-28 at 5:53 PM, soosoodeff said:

explain gravity lol

Just for the Giggles.

One theory of gravity is that it isn’t actually “real” and that things “fall” toward earth because of “time”. A easy way to visualize the concept is a vending machine pushing a snack forward with those “coils”. Time is the coils and the snacks are objects in space. Thus the name of the theory “space-time”.

Explaining past that gets quite sophisticated... but suffice to say we live in a 4D world in which you always “experience” both time and space. Even when you are at rest, as time compels you to move through space... which we call gravity. 

3 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Felt like I was back in the early 00’s with the music of that 2nd video. 

I could be wrong, but he didn’t seem to go higher than a lot of buildings in the world? Definitely not higher than sky divers.

Just for the Giggles.

One theory of gravity is that it isn’t actually “real” and that things “fall” toward earth because of “time”. A easy way to visualize the concept is a vending machine pushing a snack forward with those “coils”. Time is the coils and the snacks are objects in space. Thus the name of the theory “space-time”.

Explaining past that gets quite sophisticated... but suffice to say we live in a 4D world in which you always “experience” both time and space. Even when you are at rest, as time compels you to move through space... which we call gravity. 

I'm not the brightest bulb but I remember reading a lot of about relativity and I'm pretty sure the whole objects falling towards earth is newtonian physics.

Special relativity says that mass warps space time. The "lunar pull" for example is not actually pulling anything. The moons mass is warping the space time on earth and the water is moving along the warped space time.

Einstein said gravity is acceleration. So if you took an elevator and put it into space away from any mass/gravity influence with rocket boosters accelerating at the same pace as gravity on earth (9.81 meters per square), you would feel as if you were on earth as the elevator would accelerate into the objects you drop at the same rate.

FYI, I'm not trying to correct you but rather add to the subject cause it was difficult for me to wrap my head around at first but I think these explanations really help understand it. 

11 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Well he finally did it.

Lol.. So he put himself into an oversized model rocket and launched himself about the height of a building? When you're on a commercial airplane you are much higher. If you don't trust that, you can charter a plane for less than the cost of this rocket.

4 minutes ago, taxi said:

Lol.. So he put himself into an oversized model rocket and launched himself about the height of a building? When you're on a commercial airplane you are much higher. If you don't trust that, you can charter a plane for less than the cost of this rocket.

Pretty much what I was thinking. What did he think he was "proving" with this stunt? (other than the fact that he's an idiot)

10 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Pretty much what I was thinking. What did he think he was "proving" with this stunt? (other than the fact that he's an idiot)

So let me get this straight:  this guy has the brains to build a rocket capeable of carrying him 1000 feet up, and safely landing, but he believes the earth is flat?  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

So let me get this straight:  this guy has the brains to build a rocket capeable of carrying him 1000 feet up, and safely landing, but he believes the earth is flat?  

Seems to be the gist of it. Apparently, common sense isn't as common as we'd like to think it is....

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Seems to be the gist of it. Apparently, common sense isn't as common as we'd like to think it is....

This must be a publicity stunt.  He could more safely stand on the 100th floor The Sear’s tower in Chicago and see the curvature of the earth.  

28 minutes ago, taxi said:

22 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I was actually suprised he didn't hurt himself. As for what he proved, I agree with Rupert.

6 hours ago, Oliewud said:

FYI, I'm not trying to correct you but rather add to the subject cause it was difficult for me to wrap my head around at first but I think these explanations really help understand it. 

The funny thing, is I totally understand the theory, but for the life of me could never actually teach it to someone. Need a special kind of person to do that! 

Archived