The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Canucks - Islanders

Pretty interesting,

though i I like the idea of having two good goalies on the club whilst we are bringing in a bunch of young defensemen and forwards. 

How about a

hutton

for

Dal Cole + 2nd

top 4 young dman for an underwhelming 5th overall pick (Benning special) and a 2nd..

On 11/28/2017 at 9:57 AM, Jimmy McGill said:

the thing that makes this really hard though is the Tavares situation. If he doesn't extend, then NYI can go full on rebuild with 6 picks in the 1st and 2nd rounds in the next two years so they won't move those, and whatever they also get more moving Tavares at the TDL. But if they know by Jan 1 that a deal can be worked out then they need to make room for that fat contract.... I could see them wanting us to take a contract back like Clutterbuck. I'm sure they'd love us to take Ladd :lol:

The Tavares situation may put any sort of trade market on hold. There would, obviously, be many teams interested in acquiring his services and Vancity should be one of them.

JB's labors are beginning to bear fruit and prospects are showing great promise. 

Goldobin          Tavares          Pettersson

Baertschi          Horvat           Boeser

Offering a vision such as this, in a city as passionate about hockey as Vancouver is, should be a very attractive proposition and is one I would pay dearly for.

1 hour ago, komodo0921 said:

The Tavares situation may put any sort of trade market on hold. There would, obviously, be many teams interested in acquiring his services and Vancity should be one of them.

JB's labors are beginning to bear fruit and prospects are showing great promise. 

Goldobin          Tavares          Pettersson

Baertschi          Horvat           Boeser

Offering a vision such as this, in a city as passionate about hockey as Vancouver is, should be a very attractive proposition and is one I would pay dearly for.

for sure. The Isles and Canucks are in a similar position (NYI maybe a year ahead) so he'd be on a team rebuilding for a future run either way. 

I just can't see him really leaving NY tho. He may allow a TDL move for more assets and then resign with the Isles anyway. He's on record as wanting to stay as well (https://www.nhl.com/news/john-tavares-has-no-plans-to-leave-islanders/c-281240260).

Its a great thought, but we're probably going to have to draft our way into two top C's. Pettersson is really looking like an incredibly skilled C so fingers crossed on him. 

7 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

for sure. The Isles and Canucks are in a similar position (NYI maybe a year ahead) so he'd be on a team rebuilding for a future run either way. 

I just can't see him really leaving NY tho. He may allow a TDL move for more assets and then resign with the Isles anyway. He's on record as wanting to stay as well (https://www.nhl.com/news/john-tavares-has-no-plans-to-leave-islanders/c-281240260).

Its a great thought, but we're probably going to have to draft our way into two top C's. Pettersson is really looking like an incredibly skilled C so fingers crossed on him. 

I totally agree.

Tavares, in all likelihood, never dawns a Vancouver jersey, but there maybe a chance he gets traded or goes ufa. The instability of the Islanders is rumoured to be the stumbling block in Tavares' desire to r-sign. If Islander Brass can't provide a solid plan to him in regards to a new, permanent home for the team, he may well be wearing a different jersey next year.

That's what I love about armchair GM though. It allows us to dream out loud.

Archived