The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Millennial job interview

UnkNuk

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Maybe we, government, need to pay women (or the husband - I don’t really care which one) to stay home with the children, at least to the kid is 6?

Its a very complex situation.  Of course that idea sounds great but I'm not sure it's practical.

2 hours ago, Industrious1 said:

What about the situation where both parents have to work or else financial responsibilities won't be met?

It's not as simple for some folks as saying "okay, i've decided i'm going to stay at home with the kids".

That scenario is very common for sure.  People will do what they feel is best.  Can't fault anyone for that.

its quite difficult to honestly assess what is worth working for and what isn't.

as I said....it's so complex.  But all the adult issues aside, there is an affect on the kids.

On 29/11/2017 at 7:04 AM, PlanB said:

Can't help but notice they made her act out the traits of a millennial as though she was also a valley girl from the 80's.   

I've always wondered,  does the world look like it's constantly  falling apart through the eyes of the previous generation of society?  

Yes, the concept is called "juvenoia" and it has excisted for centuries.

On 29/11/2017 at 7:04 AM, PlanB said:

Can't help but notice they made her act out the traits of a millennial as though she was also a valley girl from the 80's.   

I've always wondered,  does the world look like it's constantly  falling apart through the eyes of the previous generation of society?  

"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."

- Socrates (469-399 BC)

Archived