The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Re-sign Hansen as UFA?

aGENT

Ideally, we move Vanek at the TDL and the Sedins both retire. With today's sad announcement, Dorsett's out of the picture as well. That's leaving some serious room in the lineup. 

Ideally I'd like us to make an offer for Kane as well but should we try to bring Honey Badger home as a speedy, bottom 6 vet on a reasonable hit for 2'ish years...?

Baer, Horvat, Boeser

Kane?, Gagner, Goldobin/Petterson

Granlund/Eriksson, Sutter, Hansen/Virtanen

Eriksson/Granlund, Gaudette, Virtanen/Hansen

Gaunce

That lineup would be a major upgrade in speed, skill and grit.

For me I’d say no to hansen. 

yes to Kane  

I really don’t want to see the roster get filled with tired old ufa vets again.

find some fresh meat in college ufas or unsigned guys but youth should be the focus.

gags sutter ericson are enough old vets. 

Hansen will be 32 the type of game he’s played how effective and durable would he really be.he hasn’t been very effective this season and it’s a contract year.

Living in the past makes it harder to move to the future.

6 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Image result for why not both

Because

11 minutes ago, combover said:

I really don’t want to see the roster get filled with tired old ufa vets again.

find some fresh meat in college ufas or unsigned guys but youth should be the focus.

gags sutter ericson are enough old vets. 

Hansen will be 32 the type of game he’s played how effective and durable would he really be.he hasn’t been very effective this season and it’s a contract year.

Living in the past makes it harder to move to the future.

31 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Ideally, we move Vanek at the TDL and the Sedins both retire. With today's sad announcement, Dorsett's out of the picture as well. That's leaving some serious room in the lineup. 

Ideally I'd like us to make an offer for Kane as well but should be try to bring Honey Badger home as a speedy, bottom 6 vet on a reasonable hit for 2'ish years...?

Baer, Horvat, Boeser

Kane?, Gagner, Goldobin/Petterson

Granlund/Eriksson, Sutter, Hansen/Virtanen

Eriksson/Granlund, Gaudette, Virtanen/Hansen

Gaunce

That lineup would be a major upgrade in speed, skill and grit.

Id be more interested in trading to get him back considering his usage this year by San Jose. He is almost a cap dump currently and it would allow us to retain salary on another player. Jannik Hansen+ 7th for future considerations. Allows us to retain salary on another player such as Edler or Eriksson. Trade Edler+ Eriksson with retained money and make out like bandits. One more year of rebuild, 2 years transitioning in the young players and we will be competing for the cup in 2020

For the right duration (short) and right price (low), I would be willing.  He's been such a huge disappointment in SJ, but I still think he has some game left in him and while he doesn't replace DD's size or hitting ability, at least he brings energy to the game and makes our team that much faster.

We could always sign Hansen for say 1.5 or less and sign the twins for say 2 maybe 2.5 each on a single year contract and make them our 3rd or 4th line.  Say what you want but Hansen with the twins was money and that would arguably be the most skilled 4th line in the league, even if 2/3s of it was slower than the DPS trying to figure out how not to suspend Crosby

I'm a big fan of the Honey Badger with Kermit the frogs voice.. That said, We are already full of bottom six forwards and even more hopefuls cutting their teeth in the system.  If its not a star level player coming in, then I say pass, and let the youth take that spot.  Petterson, Dahlin, Gaudette, Goldobin, Archibald, Boucher, Lockwood, Lind, Gadjovich are all knocking on the door for some sort of spot in the lineup.

Honestly why not?

His cap hit wouldn't be very large, and while he's under performing this year I can see him being of huge value to the Canucks next year and maybe the year after as well. I think being back here would reignite the guy to be honest

I'd rather him than someone like Sam Gagner that's for sure.

1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

Id be more interested in trading to get him back considering his usage this year by San Jose. He is almost a cap dump currently and it would allow us to retain salary on another player. Jannik Hansen+ 7th for future considerations. Allows us to retain salary on another player such as Edler or Eriksson. Trade Edler+ Eriksson with retained money and make out like bandits. One more year of rebuild, 2 years transitioning in the young players and we will be competing for the cup in 2020

11 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Yep his work ethic is something we could use. I was just thinking about this today with the dorsett news. I’d be ok with trying to trade for home. Cost should be really low. He’s been scratched for half the season already. 

I'd be game for a cheap trade or a larger package that included him coming home.

19 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

stick to the plan (rebuild)

That's still the plan. Hansen for 2'ish years @$1.5m'ish wouldn't change that any more than signing Vanek or MDZ did this year.

14 minutes ago, Type R said:

I'm a big fan of the Honey Badger with Kermit the frogs voice.. That said, We are already full of bottom six forwards and even more hopefuls cutting their teeth in the system.  If its not a star level player coming in, then I say pass, and let the youth take that spot.  Petterson, Dahlin, Gaudette, Goldobin, Archibald, Boucher, Lockwood, Lind, Gadjovich are all knocking on the door for some sort of spot in the lineup.

Are we though? Most of our promising youth you listed needs to play top 9, if not top 6, not 4th line.

Archibald's only a few years younger than Hansen and isn't half the player. Boucher is an AHL'er and Lind and Gadjovich will more than likely be 1 if not 2 years away still...perfect window for Hansen to fill in for a couple years. 

43 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

We could always sign Hansen for say 1.5 or less and sign the twins for say 2 maybe 2.5 each on a single year contract and make them our 3rd or 4th line.  Say what you want but Hansen with the twins was money and that would arguably be the most skilled 4th line in the league, even if 2/3s of it was slower than the DPS trying to figure out how not to suspend Crosby

Gordie love what those boys have done for this team but I don't really want the twins back. Honeybadger or not. Bargain contracts or not.

Archived