The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Re-sign Hansen as UFA?

aGENT

8 hours ago, 6string said:

NO.

I'm already struggling with Gagner, Eriksson and Vanek, one of them would be enough in my books. 

? Vanek has 17 points in 26 games. Tied for 4th on the Canucks. For a 2 million player signed to a single year that's pretty good. He's not similar to Hansen as a player in anyway.

The Eriksson and Gagner hate I can understand

5 hours ago, HockeydownUnder said:

? Vanek has 17 points in 26 games. Tied for 4th on the Canucks. For a 2 million player signed to a single year that's pretty good. He's not similar to Hansen as a player in anyway.

The Eriksson and Gagner hate I can understand

Vanek has been amazing so far! 

Errikson is playing pretty good hockey presently :ph34r:

And Gagner's been 'ok'. He's making $3m, not $6m. He could certainly be putting up a few more points but has played well enough that his salary isn't 'hurting' us. People expect too much for a $3m fill in/depth guy. 

• 2 weeks later...

Honey Badger is one I didn't like losing in the first place. Good veteran depth. Obviously not a good fit in San Jose. Would mean we picked up Goldy for nothing. 

He'd look good on the third or fourth line right wing. Move him over to the left side if necessary. 

Bring home the Badger.

On 11/30/2017 at 3:29 PM, aGENT said:

Ideally, we move Vanek at the TDL and the Sedins both retire. With today's sad announcement, Dorsett's out of the picture as well. That's leaving some serious room in the lineup. 

Ideally I'd like us to make an offer for Kane as well but should we try to bring Honey Badger home as a speedy, bottom 6 vet on a reasonable hit for 2'ish years...?

Baer, Horvat, Boeser

Kane?, Gagner, Goldobin/Petterson

Granlund/Eriksson, Sutter, Hansen/Virtanen

Eriksson/Granlund, Gaudette, Virtanen/Hansen

Gaunce

That lineup would be a major upgrade in speed, skill and grit.

Get rid of the Sedins and pick up Hansen?

Image result for last straw gif

Just now, Where'd Luongo? said:

Get rid of the Sedin's and pick up Hansen?

Image result for last straw gif

In fairness, this was mostly before the team went on our pre-injury/the Sedins vast improvement run. I was pretty adamant we not re-sign them next year but I've softened on that stance. 

If we can trade Gagner then I would love to have Hansen back. Sometimes players who are attached to a city end up having no heart for playing in another city especially when they did not want to leave in the first place. Look at Linden. He sucked in New York, sucked in Montreal and sucked in Washington. It wasn't until Burke brought him back that he became an NHL player again. If Linden did not come back to Van, he would have been a journeyman or his career would have ended a lot sooner than when it did. This is why I sometimes hate sports, teams and fans have short memories and have no problem casting players aside like garbage after they are used up. This is why I respect a city like Detroit. The fans and team were respectful of Yzerman, Lidstrom, Datsyk(sp?) and Zetterberg. Letting them leave on thier own terms. In Vancouver, if a player overstays thier welcome, the fans, and media will make it extreamly uncomfortable for the player. Put up stories all over the city on why this player should be gone, blasting it all over the radio, constantly asking the teams management "When are you going to get rid of so and so." People forget that these players are humans too and they also have emotion. 

Put Gaunce down in Utica and add Beaker to the 4th line, and you have a speedy contributor who's also great on the PK. It's a clear upgrade. Just a shame we'll have to wait until next summer before making it happen.

Archived