The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Could this be the end of the Killer Bs?

G. Reaper

16 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Don't think this is the end of the "Killer B's".

Goldobin is a goal scorer, putting him on a line where Boeser is already a Ace shooter is overkill.

Better to match him up with a playmaker.

Goldy's playmaking is underrated. I would classify him in the same category as Baer, good puck mover but can score as well. Would give the defensive edge to Baer though.

36 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Goldy's playmaking is underrated. I would classify him in the same category as Baer, good puck mover but can score as well. Would give the defensive edge to Baer though.

Only now.  I can't remember of Baertschi was just bad or awful defensively but he improved.  I think Goldobin has a higher ceiling and can absolutely improve as well.  And if thats true, it pretty much completes our top six.  (Or at least 5 but we have quality prospects and even current players who can score)

I dont know what the forward to defense ratio normally is but I believe we already have a forward group that scores noticably more than most.  Its our defense that has to be one of the worst at generating goals.

12 hours ago, hobart16 said:

Can't agree with that, Baer does things maybe 5 guys in the league can do.  Steals passes out of the air, picks pucks out of the crowd on the half wall, he is more skilled than the Sedins and Henrik has said so.  Goldy is a good, not great, shooter, and he is a very good passer but sometimes gets too cute. 

If Henrik said that then it says more about him than Baer on his play. Baer is streaky he will get some points in bunches then goes missing. I want to see a bigger sample of Goldie on the top line before reserving judgement on him though.

On 12/1/2017 at 8:58 AM, G. Reaper said:

Goldobin sure looked like the playmaker in the Nashville game.  Aside from the sweet play for the Boeser goal, he handed Edler two golden opportunities earlier in the game but alas, it was Edler so nothing came of it.

Like nothing has come from many of our forwards when handed golden opportunities.

2 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Like nothing has come from many of our forwards when handed golden opportunities.

Can’t disagree but when playing on a line with Boeser and Horvat, you would rather the puck end up on their stick in front of the net as opposed to Edler.  The point was that the feeds were very good but circumstances as they were, nothing came of them.

52 minutes ago, G. Reaper said:

Can’t disagree but when playing on a line with Boeser and Horvat, you would rather the puck end up on their stick in front of the net as opposed to Edler.  The point was that the feeds were very good but circumstances as they were, nothing came of them.

Fair enough. 

I thought it might have been another cheap shot at Edler.

My cable was screwed up so missed last game.

I really want to see how Goldobin plays over a series of games.  He has done everything asked of him and is really knocking on the door.

At the very least, if it doesn’t work out he can’t say he wasn’t given a fair shot.

I have always thought Baertschi was miscast as a top liner and is really a complementary player like Hansen.  That isn’t a knock on him, he is a guy that can play anywhere in your lineup and that is useful.

My concern is shelling out big dollars to that type of player.  At $4 million or more, he will be a bad deal as he probably doesn’t have any more to give and can easily regress.

He could be a valuable asset in trade for teams looking for some scoring punch.

On 12/1/2017 at 9:38 PM, smokes said:

If Henrik said that then it says more about him than Baer on his play. Baer is streaky he will get some points in bunches then goes missing. I want to see a bigger sample of Goldie on the top line before reserving judgement on him though.

I'm just talking about Baer's skill level.  He does things few can do with his stick at full speed and on defense.  He has some shortcomings. Not strong not strong on the puck like the Sedins or as durable, among other things.  

On 11/30/2017 at 11:49 PM, G. Reaper said:

After the performance by the team against Nashville tonight, it would seem there are some lineup decisions to be made.  I believe Travis Green is a coach who likes to stick with what is working for the most part (goaltending decisions aside).  I am willing to bet we see the same line configurations for Saturday’s game vs. the Leafs.  So, with the possibility of another strong game from the top line of Bo, Boeser and Goldy, is this the end of the Killer Bs?  

Yep 1 game and it's all over...

Archived