The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser named Rookie of the Month for November

-Vintage Canuck-

37 minutes ago, cyoung said:

Only thing I took from this article is that we have a young Peter Schaefer on our hands. 

I presume you are joking.

In the 2000 season they speak of, he managed 31 points.  Boeser is only 6 points away from that already at this point in the season.  Barring serious injury or a ridiculous drought, I expect he will end the season with over double Schaefer's points.

We've got a winner on our hands folks.  Thank you Benning.

Really good mood today. It's Friday. Canucks beat the Preds (for DD), Danny reached his milestone, Goldobin played well when I wasn't expecting much, our goaltending has been much better than I was expecting this year, and Boeser is King. That kid is so impressive, it almost takes my breath away when he snipes top shelf goals like it's easy. And to think Pettersson is in Europe lighting it up as well, and will maybe join the team next season. We're in for a treat. Meanwhile in EDM, the Oilers continue to lose and McGreedy's massive contract kicks in next year.

8 minutes ago, kloubek said:

I presume you are joking.

In the 2000 season they speak of, he managed 31 points.  Boeser is only 6 points away from that already at this point in the season.  Barring serious injury or a ridiculous drought, I expect he will end the season with over double Schaefer's points.

We've got a winner on our hands folks.  Thank you Benning.

I think it's painfully obvious he was joking 

31 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

A bit disconcerting that in the 9 Canucks losses, Brock only managed 3 points

Either Brock only succeeds when the team is going good, or the team relies on Brock producing to win games.

this just in: teams rely heavily on their leading scorers in order to win games. 

Nobody can deny the fact that his talent is for real and not just a flash in the pan, or whatever...
but he needs to start keeping his head up more now. He was clocked a few times pretty good on this trip. The last thing you want to see is him getting a concussion so early in his career, which everyone knows can snow-ball after getting the first one.

This is where losing guys like Dorse (permanently) and Guddy really hurt the team. There isn't anyone up here that can keep other guys honest. That's not good.
Although I love seeing our young guys like Goldy get a shot - and he looked very good last night... don't be surprised if Benning is hunting for someone to play "modern enforcer"

Edler threw a few good hits last night and I give him credit for that, but that game was all about "winning it for Dorse" and that kind of thing you can't expect consistently from guys that don't normally play that way.

Who's out there though???

3 minutes ago, IbanezRG said:

It’s a conspiracy.

NHL is putting a target on Boeser for the leafs game.

Watch martin slash his hand and break his wrist.

Not Martin. Kadri.
Kadri is the new Matt Cooke.

Somebody's gonna run the kid in that game. Guaranteed. And all my $'s on Kadri. He's a real [ ________________ ] 

Best young player in a Canucks uniform since Bure. When Brock is on the ice you pay attention because he can snipe top corner at any second in the offensive zone. Lately, I have noticed Brock make some good defensive plays in his own zone including some impressive take aways which lead to a rush down the ice.

13 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

Can only imagine what the team would be like without him this year.  We would probably be sitting at 7 or 8 wins right now.  

It would be pretty rough without him, and some thought he should play a year in Utica. lol

Keep it rolling in December Brock!

48 minutes ago, Davathor said:
56 minutes ago, kloubek said:

hank you Benning.

I think it's painfully obvious he was joking 

I figured, but you never know.  Most ragged heavily on Eriksson, and look what he's doing now.  Once Virtanen scored a couple some were saying that he finally found his game.  He hasn't yet.  We should trade or bench Dorsett.  Then he had a career year before it was unfortunately ended.

I don't put anything past CDC anymore.

Archived