The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser named Rookie of the Month for November

-Vintage Canuck-

28 minutes ago, BlueDragon23 said:

I can see the Brockstar eventually scoring 40 goals. Heck he even may reach 30 this year at this rate! What a steal has been for us. Just wait until Pettersson gets here... :wub:

I would say at this point that if he stays healthy the rest of the year and DOESN'T hit 30 it would be a bit of a letdown. he's damn near halfway there less than a third of the way into the season. 

3 minutes ago, tas said:

I would say at this point that if he stays healthy the rest of the year and DOESN'T hit 30 it would be a bit of a letdown. he's damn near halfway there less than a third of the way into the season. 

Really want him to continue with Bo and Goldy.  I see that as a top line for years to come.  

4 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

A bit disconcerting that in the 9 Canucks losses, Brock only managed 3 points

Either Brock only succeeds when the team is going good, or the team relies on Brock producing to win games.

Simple -- evidently he's already the team MVP.

...but he should be in Utica developing his game.

:picard:

3 hours ago, BCNate said:

Who do you feel will be the better player for us, Horvat, Boeser, or Petterson?

As much as I think Horvat and Boeser are going to be stars, I think that Petterson is going to be on the next level up from them.  

Almost certainly not Horvat, imo.  Though for secondary scoring, he's our Kesler replacement and good for 60-65 at peak.

I only pick Boeser because I don't know how Petterssons play will translate to the nhl yet.  If Pettersson can do the same in the NHL as Sweden he has more or less generational potential.  

3 hours ago, BCNate said:

As much as I think Horvat and Boeser are going to be stars, I think that Petterson is going to be on the next level up from them.  

Agree with you completely.  Pettersson was an absolute steal and could easily be the best player from his draft. 

9 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Almost certainly not Horvat, imo.  Though for secondary scoring, he's our Kesler replacement and good for 60-65 at peak.

I only pick Boeser because I don't know how Petterssons play will translate to the nhl yet.  If Pettersson can do the same in the NHL as Sweden he has more or less generational potential.  

Petterson will be number one I expect as well. The kid is showing something special and I'm actually kind of glad we fell out of the top 2 - Nolan already is an injured mess and Hischier is a bit of a perimeter guy...although I've liked what I've seen so far.  

Petterson to Boeser will be something we hear on the PP for some years to come and I wouldn't doubt as soon as next year :)

Good times right now...just need an elite D man....break the bank on Doughty or Karlson in 2 years! :P

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Agree with you completely.  Pettersson was an absolute steal and could easily be the best player from his draft. 

Benning said it at the draft...highest ceiling skills wise and would have been top 2 if 20lbs heavier....I think that is proving out right now.  

4 hours ago, BCNate said:

Interesting question because if you are asking who will be a bigger point producer, that will be between Boeser and EP....however, neither EP or BB will ever be able to do some of the things that Horvat can do and you cannot win in the NHL with a team completely full of offensively gifted players but no one to play the hard core defensive minutes.   I think the Canuck fans should not try to figure out which one of these guys is "better" and instead daydream about a line that has the three of them on it - that could be one of the best lines in the entire league for many seasons - such an interesting combination of skills and ability to bury a puck.

Who will we let walk after Boeser gets paid? He's going to get 7 million per year (minimum) on his re-up. Baertschi is all but gone. Same with Granny. That leaves Petterson and Dahlen to fill the voids for the time being. Brock is going to be our all star submittal this year. No question.

Archived