The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

....Like walking naked through a snowstorm

darkpoet

41 minutes ago, ohmy said:

Yeah I figured it would cost us but could we afford it? I guess the safe bet would be to bargain hunt for a stopgap player of that ilk but it sure would be nice. We will have players to fill that role in a couple years with Gadjovich, Lind, and possibly Macewan.  Not so much for fighting but for the size, skill, and strength. Although I know they can all handle themselves. 

If they're going to spend, it should be on a guy like Hayden or Andersson (or Kass) imo. 

But those first two options would cost a whole lot - these types of players are at a premium - big, tough guys with upside.

Drafting them is probably the most realistic course - not unlike pmds - but you never know - JB managed to bargain shop Pouliot, he found Stecher in free agency - and he signed MacEwen as well.  

Scouring the league for a guy on the edge of a deep roster is a definite m.o. worth continuing.

Still, even with those grit guys in the system, you can't have too many of them, so if we could move an asset like a Hutton, Baertschi or Edler and bring back some grit, you have to look at that.

This may not fill the grit gap in the shorter run, but makes our forward group a bit heavier - and our D, in the longer run.

To Tampa

Edler, Baertschi, pick

To Van

Killorn, Foote, Cirelli, whichever roster D Tampa prefers to move (Coburn, Girardi, Sustr, Koekkoek).

Archived