The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL All-Star 2018 Captaincy Vote

I'm curious to see who we, as Canucks fans, see as captains for this year's All-Star rosters.

My nominations:

- Atlantic: Steven Stamkos

- Metropolitan: John Tavares

- Central: Alex Pietrangelo

- Pacific: (VAN-biased): Bo Horvat/Brock Boeser/Derek Dorsett (John Scott?)

(non-biased attempt): Oliver Ekman-Larsson 

Link: https://www.nhl.com/all-star-ballot

8 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

It's ironic that they had many positive articles on him lately, and now they don't even include him.

Honestly I know its my homerism my talking, but I really don't think there's been very much hype for Boeser outside Vancouver. If he played on the Laffs or Chicago or Pittsburgh, you'd be hearing nonstop about how he's the next Hull/Bossy/Richard. But because he's on Vancouver it's pretty minimal. I was pretty shocked they gave him Rookie of the Month, I was expecting Keller or Debrincat or Barzal or Hischier or one of those other vastly superior prospects who aren't even at a PPG.

On 12/2/2017 at 1:50 PM, DragonSlayer14 said:

NHL All-Star 2017 Captaincy Vote

That should really be the 2018 Vote.  The 2017 All Star game was last January.  When I first saw the title, I thought it was an old thread based on the title.

Anyways, I voted for Luongo, Schneider, Benn & Horvat.  I couldn't help but vote for former Canucks, a current Canuck and a Victoria kid.

On 12/2/2017 at 2:47 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

It's ironic that they had many positive articles on him lately, and now they don't even include him.

This is exactly why I thought Coaches Corner would of at least tried to acknowledge him on Saturday, but the fact they couldn't even say his name once goes to show they still don't care about us.

Archived