The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

11 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Well, I was. I felt that they had regressed past the point of being capable of sticking with the NHL grind. In the last few games, I have been very pleasantly surprised. They actually look dangerous out there, and are reigniting some of that chemistry with Eriksson, on the NHL stage. Who knew?

No one was more surprised at the Sedins past few games as I've been.  They haven't played that way and dominated for several years now, and for most of this season have looked the same as they did last year -- ineffective at best, and a detriment at worst.  Maybe it's the 1K, but something has them energized to where suddenly they've dropped 5 years in age and regained their hands.  And yeah -- if they can maintain this level for the rest of the season they deserve and should be re-signed, for the one-year-at-a-time that they've talked about.

On 2017-12-03 at 7:09 PM, DIBdaQUIB said:

Visited the Toronto Sun site to read their take...apparently,  the schedulers are partly to blame as the 4:00 start worked against the Leafs by not allowing them time for a morning skate.  Interesting take considering the home team and fans  are the one that have their  normal schedule and systems messed with to accommodate the NHL darlings. 

The first period results were  due to the Leafs not being ready and had nothing to do with the Canucks playing well.  The 2nd and 3rd periods were the real Leafs and, of course had nothing to do with a tired Nucks team coming off a 6 game road trip. The Leafs simply did not show up on time...

Honestly, it reads as though there was only one team on the ice and the Nucks were just there to sweep snow during commercial breaks. 

Or... The Canucks scored two first period goals and coasted to victory.

Henrik: “It’s hard to get up for those Atlantic division games”

20 hours ago, oldnews said:

Sounds like you're not very up to speed on the kind of minutes he's playing.

you like the youth - guys like Sutter, Dorsett, Gagner (and Granlund) have been enabling them to play some easier minutes.

cool story - but who are 'they'?  when have 'they' been out of the lineup? and what is the actual record with 'them' out of the lineup?

When the youth - Boeser, and Virtanen are being utilized (let's say 13+ minutes per game), the team play is energized rather than being stale..I could include Baert,, Bo, Granlund in the youth movement but they are being used like they should be used. Look at the games that Boeser and JV didn't play in or didn't play more than 8 minutes. I'll show you games where the vets struggled to keep up. The vets minutes need to be managed and it's time to pass the torch...it looks like that is what TG is starting to realize...don't you think Maxwel? or are you too busy burying yourself in ozone/ dzone starts, and corsi and forget to watch the game (can't see the forest because of the trees).

2 minutes ago, Pete M said:

When the youth - Boeser, and Virtanen are being utilized (let's say 13+ minutes per game), the team play is energized rather than being stale..I could include Baert,, Bo, Granlund in the youth movement but they are being used like they should be used. Look at the games that Boeser and JV didn't play in or didn't play more than 8 minutes. I'll show you games where the vets struggled to keep up. The vets minutes need to be managed and it's time to pass the torch...it looks like that is what TG is starting to realize...don't you think Maxwel?

So you've backtracked from your claims about win-losses - which was fiction (ie the Canucks beat Edmonton on opening night without Boeser - etc) to make the generic point that the youth energize the lineup. 

Everyone knows the youth are faster and bring energy - and that the team is transitioning to a youth core.  Not something Green needs to be apprised of.

No one argues those points - or even seems to need to make them any longer, they're so evident.

But your story about wins losses doesn't stand up and it has no real basis in fact to back it up.  The team has had a mix of youth and veterans since opening night - there is no counter-sample to compare that against.

47 minutes ago, oldnews said:

So you've backtracked from your claims about win-losses - which was fiction (ie the Canucks beat Edmonton on opening night without Boeser - etc) to make the generic point that the youth energize the lineup. 

Everyone knows the youth are faster and bring energy - and that the team is transitioning to a youth core.  Not something Green needs to be apprised of.

No one argues those points - or even seems to need to make them any longer, they're so evident.

But your story about wins losses doesn't stand up and it has no real basis in fact to back it up.  The team has had a mix of youth and veterans since opening night - there is no counter-sample to compare that against.

gotta disagree with you there bud...it matters who gets the ice time and when the youth play big minutes the team does well (big minutes means the same as the vets).

as for my comments about hockey in general and the team I'm a fan of...I'll continue sharing my thoughts, just like you do with your posts...if you want to censor them with the coach knows...Not something Green needs to be apprised of, then you can piss off. By the way, I didn't realize the coach comes to these forums to learn about hockey.

IT'S A CANUCK HOCKEY FORUM....YOU DUMBASS!!

3 hours ago, Pete M said:

gotta disagree with you there bud...it matters who gets the ice time and when the youth play big minutes the team does well (big minutes means the same as the vets).

as for my comments about hockey in general and the team I'm a fan of...I'll continue sharing my thoughts, just like you do with your posts...if you want to censor them with the coach knows...Not something Green needs to be apprised of, then you can piss off. By the way, I didn't realize the coach comes to these forums to learn about hockey.

IT'S A CANUCK HOCKEY FORUM....YOU DUMBASS!!

Related image

Archived