The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, 6string said:

Jim Hughson said as the camera was zeroing in on Auston Matthews at the introduction of the game, " the reason why this game is starting at four o'clock."  Bullcrap this has been happening since the CBC went with the doubleheaders over a decade ago!

BTW hey Kypreos, I'm remaining patient with Boeser's development B)

Nice to win a battle spending time on the ropes, turning the Leafs fans from hope to despair.

GCG!

That sounds like Hughson throwing a subtle jab at the NHL and CBC for scheduling the game at 4. Maybe his friends and relatives in BC are complaining about the start time.

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“Huge win at home, great buzz in the building. This was a special night. Nilsson has been playing really good and tonight it was me and I wanted to play well.” - Markstrom

My hunch that Nilsson playing 2 games in a row lit a fire under Markstrom seems to be correct.

2 minutes ago, khay said:

I have to admit though, Matthews is a dominant player, and on par with McDavid. Our first line could not sustain pressure against Matthews line. 

It's the first game where I felt like Horvat and Boeser were outmatched. After watching this game, I think maybe it is for the best for the team to form an elite level first line by having Pettersson as 1LW with Horvat and Boeser. 

I think hes better than McDiva overall.  Mathews is the type of center who wins cups these days.Plays top notch in both end. McDiva is just flash and speed.  

Well it was a fun game to watch, helped a lot by that great 1st period and the lead the Canucks got. Outplayed for at least the next 25 minutes, though, and had to rely on Markstrom to bar the door again. Virtanen continues to tease us with his speed, but he has yet to show me he's put it all together yet. Goldobin looked weak and ineffective. Good team game overall, though. Loui Eriksson has played quite well recently, I hope that continues. Even Sam Gagner, who has looked tepid most of the season, seems to be getting his hockey sense back. 

The Leafs got pretty dirty in the second period and didn't get called for any of it. 

Archived