The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Phili - Van/Mtl - Van Dream Big! (Proposals)

The Canucks are really making my life difficult these past few months..........

I don't see them as a playoff team, but I don't necessarily see them as a bottom 10 team either

Today, their point percentage places them in 18th spot....still in a good place for a decent draft pick

Their players are playing well, despite the injuries...........this bodes well for their depth, but again, I don't think they are a playoff team

It is really difficult to place why we are not higher, other than Eriksson is playing much better, as are the Sedin's in a 3rd line capacity

Our goaltending, has been solid, yet inconsistent.....if that makes sense.......

Markstrom has been again solid, if we take away those early first period goals, but Nilsson has pushed him every bit

The Flyer's are looking for a 3rd line LWer and a starting Goalie, which leads me into my proposal.....................

Montreal needs a rebuild (That's about it!)

Proposals

Trade #1

Van trades Baertschi and Markstrom to Philidephia for 2018 1st* , 2018 2nd and Neuvirth 50% retention

(* Phili's 2018 1st will be the STL 1st , if the Flyers do not make the playoff or the lowest of their own and STL if Phili makes the playoffs...............)

This is a good return for Vancouver and gives Phili a decent chance of making the playoffs...............2018 TDL

Trade #2    (Bad idea!)

Van trades Edler +2019 1st + 2020 1st to MTL for Carey Price 20% retention ................end of season

UFA signing...............Evander Kane

Would you do it?

35 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I don't see them as a playoff team, but I don't necessarily see them as a bottom 10 team either

Today, their point percentage places them in 18th spot....still in a good place for a decent draft pick

Their players are playing well, despite the injuries...........this bodes well for their depth, but again, I don't think they are a playoff team

It is really difficult to place why we are not higher, other than Eriksson is playing much better, as are the Sedin's in a 3rd line capacity

Our goaltending, has been solid, yet inconsistent.....if that makes sense.......

Markstrom has been again solid, if we take away those early first period goals, but Nilsson has pushed him every bit

The Flyer's are looking for a 3rd line LWer and a starting Goalie, which leads me into my proposal.....................

Proposals

Trade #1

Van trades Baertschi and Markstrom to Philidephia for 2018 1st* , 2018 2nd and Neuvirth 50% retention

(* Phili's 2018 1st will be the STL 1st , if the Flyers do not make the playoff or the lowest of their own and STL if Phili makes the playoffs...............)

This is a good return for Vancouver and gives Phili a decent chance of making the playoffs...............2018 TDL

Trade #2

Van trades Edler +2019 1st + 2020 1st to MTL for Carey Price 20% retention ................end of season

Would you do it?

Great rebuild giving away 2 firsts, you're not serious?

in what world would edler get a return of best goalie on the planet are you drunk and high?    and why would we wanna trade mark and baertchi  maybe you should think your proposals through a bit more no offense  but trades have to some what fit teams needs  we need a offensive right dman and a nother sniper winger we are fine at goaltending  demko depietro are   coming up from minors eventually so marky nillson are fine at moment 

Even if it's for Carey Price, I don't want to give up our 1st rounders. You are suggesting this trade assuming that we will make the playoffs in 2018 and 2019 so hat 2019, 2020 1st rounders would be late 1st rounders. But I think we are still far away from becoming a for sure playoff team for 2018 and 2019. It requires Pettersson to come in and perform as well if not better than what Boeser is doing as well as at least one top notch defence prospect to emerge (i.e., Juolevi). In my opinion EP and OJ will both be high caliber NHL players one day, but not sure if it will be starting 2018. And in the current NHL, taking a gamble on an undetermined first round pick is not a smart thing to do. Look at what Toronto gave up for Kessel: Seguin and Hamilton. 

Also, we have Demko in line to become a #1 so I don't see a need for Carey Price and his cap right now.

And honestly, I don't think Markstrom is going to solve Philly's net problem. I'm not even sure if Markstrom is much of an upgrade over what they have now. Maybe a bit but not by much. Oh and Baertschi doesn't feel like a type of 3LW that the Phillies are looking for, but that's just my impression without knowing exactly what they want in 3LW (if indeed, they want to acquire a 3LW). I don't think Philly does that trade.

If MTL trades Price for a rebuild...they want the rebuild to start right now...not in 2022, when those 2019 and 2020 1st rounder reach the NHL.. and they would ask a lot more, start with Boeser.

As for Philly...you don't trade your 1st rounder for "a decent chance of making the playoff".  You trade your 1st rounder for a decent chance at reaching the Conference Final/Stanley Cup.  If Philly are outside looking in, Baertschi/Markstrom aren't necessarily going to put them in.  They get better but not worth a 1st and 2nd for an ailing team.

I feel like a carry price trade will probably involve the following

Demko

Gaudette/Joulevi (depending on if they want a defensemen or forward)

2019 1st

2019 2nd

no salary retention

mtl sends a 5th round back as well

MAYBE that gets it done. For that reason, there’s no way I’d pursue Carey price. Just too much to give up

23 hours ago, Canadian Clay said:

I feel like a carry price trade will probably involve the following

Demko

Gaudette/Joulevi (depending on if they want a defensemen or forward)

2019 1st

2019 2nd

no salary retention

mtl sends a 5th round back as well

MAYBE that gets it done. For that reason, there’s no way I’d pursue Carey price. Just too much to give up

Exactly.  Plus we'll still on the hook for the Luongo contract.  We don't need to pile on another bad goalie contract on top of the that, for a few season of Carey Price in his prime (if he's not past his prime already).

9 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Proposals

Trade #1

Trade #2

Would you do it?

Price has a contract that whoever owns it will regret it.

10 hours ago, canuktravella said:

in what world would edler get a return of best goalie on the planet are you drunk and high?    and why would we wanna trade mark and baertchi  maybe you should think your proposals through a bit more no offense  but trades have to some what fit teams needs  we need a offensive right dman and a nother sniper winger we are fine at goaltending  demko depietro are   coming up from minors eventually so marky nillson are fine at moment 

this

too many proposals made by the author

just becoming space filling nonsense

our goaltending needs are well looked after through drafting depth

and why damage a well playing team with the first proposal?

i tend not to read these threads cuz they are all of similar quality

17 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Proposals

Trade #1

Trade #2

Would you do it?

wouldn't do any of those trades. First we don't want Price, we have our future goalie and Price is too pricey and no way we give up 2 first round picks,  No way Philly does this trade, niether of those players are worth a 1st.

16 hours ago, canuktravella said:

Both high and drunk

Yeah, no. I understand the premise that we're neither a contender or a bottom feeder currently, but trading away 1sts for Price is not the solution.

I'd consider the Philly deal almost - almost - but I don't know if they would. For the price of Neuvirth, I don't know that they'd need to retain salary to help us as he's not a pure cap dump and we'd have the room (Marky's cap hit is more going the other way). Besides, asking them to retain salary lowers our return as they'd be doing us a favour. Still don't think they'd do it though.

2 hours ago, elvis15 said:

Yeah, no. I understand the premise that we're neither a contender or a bottom feeder currently, but trading away 1sts for Price is not the solution.

I'd consider the Philly deal almost - almost - but I don't know if they would. For the price of Neuvirth, I don't know that they'd need to retain salary to help us as he's not a pure cap dump and we'd have the room (Marky's cap hit is more going the other way). Besides, asking them to retain salary lowers our return as they'd be doing us a favour. Still don't think they'd do it though.

Yeah, I have to agree on the Price deal, it is pretty off the wall (as Coastal puts it!) .........On Coastal.......I think he likes me, always talks trash to me, kind of like a young guy does when he likes someone.........He knows I am married to Jan, right? ....... I hope!  Not really into guys!

But on a serious note................I like the Phili trade and they need the help and have the extra 1st this year.........maybe your right about the retention, though as I would really like to pick their pockets..........I think Markstrom and Baertschi has good value but are replaceable...Phili needs them, so maybe we retain 20%..........it is a very tight race, and our vets are playing well....which is a time to move them

Archived