The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Flames’ Tkachuk Spears Matt Martin

b3.

13 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Prust wasn't barely into his second year and being "evaluated" by the league for the fourth or fifth time in just over a year of career.   He is a repeat offender and so early into his potentially short and rattish career.

Him being in his second year, in my opinion, doesn't matter at all. Prust has been fined twice and suspended twice before that spear on Marchand, FYI. All in a span of 2.5 years I should add.

Prust was suspended just 2 games for breaking Stepan's freaking jaw a few years ago in the playoffs. He also gotten a 1 game suspension for an elbow to the back of the head. 

I doubt Tkachuk gets suspended after that tap especially since it wasn't as 'vicious' compared to the other things we've seen that are suspendable. 

The petulant Flame will be served with another suspension. It don't matter how light the jab was, it's more about from where it was launched.

Like Avery or Torres it will one day come to the point where the team may find this unmanageable.

I said it at the draft and I'm sticking to it now. I don't want Tkachuk on this team and I'm still glad we picked Juolevi over him.

This kid is going to be the next Cooke, Marchand, Carcillo, etc. He'll score but is his dirtbaggery worth it?

4024854.png&w=350&h=254

He has one of the most punchable faces I've ever seen.

2 hours ago, Green Building said:

It's funny how quickly some fans anointed Calgary draft champs over us based on Tkachuk's rookie campaign. Hands down we took the better human, better player remains to be seen.

I think Joulevi will be a stud #2 D. 

54 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

This kid is definitely the 2nd coming of his father, it's just in his blood.

The 3rd wave, his little brother Brady - rated as a top 5 pick in 2018 is bigger and tougher than him.

BIRTHYEAR 1999-09-16 BIRTHPLACE St. Louis, MO, USA
AGE 18 NATION USA / Canada
POSITION C/LW SHOOTS L
HEIGHT 191 cm / 6'3" WEIGHT 89 kg / 196 lbs
NHL DRAFT Top Prospect eligible for the 2018 NHL Entry Draft
RANKINGS Ranked #5 by Hockeyprospect.com
Ranked #3 by ISS Hockey
Ranked #4 by Future Considerations
Ranked #6 by McKeen's Hockey

37 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

I said it at the draft and I'm sticking to it now. I don't want Tkachuk on this team and I'm still glad we picked Juolevi over him.

This kid is going to be the next Cooke, Marchand, Carcillo, etc. He'll score but is his dirtbaggery worth it?

4024854.png&w=350&h=254

He has one of the most punchable faces I've ever seen.

I love that Marchand is spit in the same names as Cooke, Carillo. Dude is a 40 goal scorer, full season. 

Just now, zzbottom said:

I love that Marchand is spit in the same names as Cooke, Carillo. Dude is a 40 goal scorer, full season. 

And yet he's still a dirtbag.

Notice how everyone in this thread acknowledges Tkachuk can play hockey, but its second fiddle to the fact that he's a scumbag.

Archived