The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why isn't Anaheim Playing the Better Goalie?

apollo

The Ducks currently sit out of a playoff spot... trailing elite teams like the Vancouver Canucks and have had a pretty miserable season. Yet they continue to stick with John Gibson?! Ryan Miller has out played him and is clearly the better goalie, yet he doesn't get more starts? 

Are the Ducks tanking for Dahlen perhaps? 

There's few men on their team... the likes of Kevin Bieksa & Ryan Miller bring at least some grace to their miserable team. Both of which are member's of the "All Man" Team. 

Image result for bieksa miller

But in all seriousness... after last nights performance, surely the Ducks must stick with Ryan moving forward don't they? As their true #1.

Ryan has played stellar all year, has a 0.945 S%... which is over 24 points higher than Gibsons. Gibson has 10 loses compared to Ryan's 0. In case the Ducks don't realize, Ryan doesn't like losing and is honestly terrible at losing. In fact, I think his because weakness is that he sucks at losing games. So they should play him if they want to make the playoffs. 

Gibson has done absolutely nothing to prove himself... Ryan Miller has dominated the NHL for over a decade and has Vezina to show for it... he's certainly the best money puck goalie in the NHL signed for only 2mill AAV. 

Also, trivia time... Ryan Miller was drafted 138th overall in the 5th round... the same draft year as the greatest 1-2 punch in the history of sports.

Added hint: they were drafted 2nd and 3rd overall.

Can you guess who the greatest 1-2 punch in the history of sport was? 

9 minutes ago, apollo said:

The Ducks currently sit out of a playoff spot... trailing elite teams like the Vancouver Canucks and have had a pretty miserable season. Yet they continue to stick with John Gibson?! Ryan Miller has out played him and is clearly the better goalie, yet he doesn't get more starts? 

Who?

6 minutes ago, apollo said:

There's few men on their team... the likes of Kevin Bieksa & Ryan Miller bring at least some grace to their miserable team. Both of which are member's of the "All Man" Team. 

But in all seriousness... after last nights performance, surely the Ducks must stick with Ryan moving forward don't they? As their true #1.

Ryan has played stellar all year, has a 0.945 S%... which is over 24 points higher than Gibsons. Gibson has 10 loses compared to Ryan's 0. In case the Ducks don't realize, Ryan doesn't like losing and is honestly terrible at losing. In fact, I think his because weakness is that he sucks at losing games. So they should play him if they want to make the playoffs. 

Gibson has done absolutely nothing to prove himself... Ryan Miller has dominated the NHL for over a decade and has Vezina to show for it... he's certainly the best money puck goalie in the NHL signed for only 2mill AAV. 

Also, trivia time... Ryan Miller was drafted 138th overall in the 5th round... the same draft year as the greatest 1-2 punch in the history of sports.

The combination of weed and team spirit that you ingest on the daily?

4 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Who?

Whoever the first overall projected pick is... I may have forgotten his name. TBH I couldn't care less about him when I know Jimbo is picking 31st overall this year. 

Not to mention... Why bother educating one self on the 1st overall pick when you know the old boys call have the balls in the lottery weighted? 

34 minutes ago, apollo said:

Miller had some early injury issues so maybe he's still nursing some nagging thing?

I feel like if I did a find and replace of Ducks with Penguins, Ryan Miller with Marc-Andre Fleury and Gibson with Matt Murray, no one would know this isn't a post from a year ago.

The team thinks Gibson is the future so they're willing to let him make some mistakes to grow into a #1.  Will he and is he best served by playing as the #1 already?  No idea.

Gibson has been amazing this year. The Ducks have been playing without their entire top 6 this year except Perry. Their top line center has been rotation between Vermette and Derek Grant, lol.

Every game, Miller and Gibson have to drag their team to the end.

Canucks should take advantage of the opportunity before Anaheim fixes their problems. Though I don't think they will have to worry about Arizona or Edmonton.

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

Weren't people questioning Green for not playing the supposed 'better goalie' as well?  Seems like the coaches know what's going on better than the media/fans, no? 

Marky and Nilsson are identical in age and both fairly unproven in the NHL. They're as equal as it can get from what I see... 

Miller has dominated for longer than a decade, is a Vezina winner... had an incredible season last year and has been better than Gibson in the games he's played. 

I'm a Miller fan boy, but there's no doubting he's been better and should be their #1 goalie. 

Archived