The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Seattle to begin season ticket drive, aiming for 2021 entry to NHL

Rate this topic

HerrDrFunk

14 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Seattle doesn't deserve a team over Quebec.  Period.  An NHL team is their distant second choice.  That new building is their way of trying to get their basketball team back.

https://sports.yahoo.com/hope-alive-seattles-quest-get-another-nba-team-041200484.html

Quebec couldn't afford the $500M US when Vegas joined, $650M US is out of reach for them, Either they get a relocated team there or they get nothing.

Seattle has the Multi Billionaire owners, The 12th largest US television market, and a state of the art Arena.

That is the 3 things Bettman looks for in expansion, Quebec has one box, the Arena.

IMHO Houston will get a relocation before Quebec

2 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Quebec couldn't afford the $500M US when Vegas joined, $650M US is out of reach for them, Either they get a relocated team there or they get nothing.

Seattle has the Multi Billionaire owners, The 12th largest US television market, and a state of the art Arena.

That is the 3 things Bettman looks for in expansion, Quebec has one box, the Arena.

IMHO Houston will get a relocation before Quebec

You're right, Seattle is better for business, but it's still a shame.  Quebec loves and would be good for the game of hockey.

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

this is pretty funny, all the Canucks are excited about a US team and you're the lone Yankee wanting Quebec :lol:

The kicker is that as much as I enjoy the people that I've known in the past in Canada (mostly Ontario), I do not like French Canadians for the most part.  That said, I'm a fan of the game of hockey so I want to see a team go to a city that would passionately support it.  The best option out there in that regard is Quebec.

• Like 3