The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Disaster ahead ? Lets share our thoughts

realfan201777

17 teams are in a wild card hunt, that is no big deal.

The Nucks were never expected to be dead last from the start of the season and with the way the loser point and game management works in the regular season it wouldn't be until the last 25 games or so that teams out of the hunt might be more obvious.

One loss, an injury to a key player after a surprisingly good start to the season after three wins.

wait for it... wait for it... wait for it....

The wall of text is coming.  Desi, is that you in disguise?????????The wall of text is coming.  Desi, is that you in disguise?????????The wall of text is coming.  Desi, is that you in disguise?????????The wall of text is coming.  Desi, is that you in disguise?????????The wall of text is coming.  Desi, is that you in disguise?????????The wall of text is coming.  Desi, is that you in disguise?????????The wall of text is coming.  Desi, is that you in disguise?????????The wall of text is coming.  Desi, is that you in disguise?????????The wall of text is coming.  Desi, is that you in disguise?????????

EmW

24 minutes ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

This isn’t a reference to Edlers play in the last game.... or is it? ;) 

Edler's bad game was bound to happen. Considering how good he's been for the last while, he was actually past due for a stinker.

If you think about it in a "laying an egg" sense, he'd been holding back the egg for so damn long, it was already rotten when he layed it.

The fires just poke fun at people freaking the f out over that loss. I'm pretty sure we're gonna lose way harder than that a few times before this season is through.

It's pretty entertaining the way people lose their $&!# after a loss. Way over the top.

Just now, apollo said:

Yea there's a disaster ahead... a disasterous murderous winning streak in which we dominate the NHL.

They'll rename it VCHL once we're done kicking ass and taking names... Vancouver Canucks Hockey League

&^@# yes

See, Apollo knows how to take a loss. 

Keep fighting the good fight!

8 hours ago, Alflives said:

Is it such a disaster for us to fall off the proverbial cliff to the bottom of the standings, and securing another top five draft pick?  We have a lot of great young players coming up, to join with our current young guys (all lead by Bo, of course) so adding another one or two will only make our rebuilt team all the better, no?

They won't like you for this.

36 minutes ago, Alflives said:

He’s in Utica working on being a professional, who is fit.  

Is he a center? Someone who can win face offs?

I guess no one seems to understand what we are missing . Our two best face off guys. They Don't seem to understand how important it is to start with the puck. Not sure how Boucher would solve that.

Even if we do fall off the rails, we'd become sellers at the deadline and get some more picks in a strong draft.  I'm pleasantly surprised by the team this year, but we'd get smoked in the first round in the playoffs.  If Benning can get a similar haul to last year's deadline and draft, we should have all the building blocks we need.

I don't really expect much this year and am just enjoying watching the future of the team develop.

22 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Maybe it is a blessing in disguise for the organization. It may cement our position as sellers at the TDL :)

I would rather just win, or at least try to win.

My only thought on this subject is where would we be if Benning's UFA spree didn't happen.  Dead in the water, sorry Reid Boucher, and Jordon Subban are not the answers to our inevitable injury issues which now appear to be in full swing....and people were worried about only having two rookie spots out of camp.  If the team survives the next month we will be right back in the thick of things, if we don't we can still claw our way back.  The Sedins and L.E. have looked five years younger as of late, schooling everyone in their passing game and getting loads of looks,  Markstrom had a shut out and looks good regardless, Nillsson too,  and the replacements haven't looked bad either.  No worrying required.

Transition year that is no more or less disastrous than the past few.

The larger concern is simply the health of a few of our key young players.

The team will be fine - whether it competes or falls out of the race, there is literally no shame in having lost so many key pieces already this year.  They've acquitted themselves well thus far and I see no reason they won't continue to.  It may set them back in terms of momentum, and it may actually cost them slightly in the reduced ability to sell a few assets - and the performance of those assets is also likely to be tested / their production will be harder to sustain under the circumstances - so any gains in draft position could be lost in the value of assets we are likely to sell.  

Whatever - it is what it is - I love what I've seen from this team thus far this year and am not attached to results - or making the playoffs - in any event.

On 12/7/2017 at 10:15 PM, realfan201777 said:

We need to bring up  another  star like Horvat

Whoa, you're right. Wonder why no one else thought of this. Hope the rest of the league doesn't find out that all you need to do is find a star player.

Archived