The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Run Edler Out of Town: A Big Head's Take

Horvats_Big_Head

Respect your Edlers? I say helllllllll NAH!

My friends, it is time. Once a solid/promising player being compared to the great Nik Lidstrom, Edler is nowhere near that today. He hasn't been for the last 5 years. It has been painful to watch ever since the end of our 2011-2012 season. Around that time, something snapped in his brain and he didn't care as much, didn't work as hard, made more bone headed plays. It has only amplified since then. 

I wanted to vomit when we didn't trade him to the Redwings for Nyquist/Mantha/a 1st round pick. It only got worse when we signed him to that 6 year extension with a NTC. It is just disgusting that the previous regime didn't realize what they were doing. The last few years Edler has been complete garbage, a shell of his former self. Last night supported this argument. 3 bad penalties, turnover after turnover, dumb plays, gets burned on the rush by faster players consistently. The list goes on and on.

I call on all who agree with me to assist in running this player out of town. I mean it. Examples of how you can contribute would be:

1. Make signs for games pointing at how bad Edler really is.

2. Booing Edler everytime he has the puck

3. Start chants at games like "Get out Edler" or "Trade that Edler"

4. In addition to protesting the arena atmosphere at Rogers, protest Edler. 

5. Anything else you feel may be appropriate

He is taking a roster spot that could be filled just as well by somebody who is improving, not disintegrating before our very eyes. He is complete garbage and nobody could convince me otherwise. 

PS I would also like to point out that he is probably the one player I see least doing service in the community, unlike the Sedins.

-HBH 

Big bodied defender still has a place on this team imo. I do not like the terrible lazy slashing penalties he gets and he is not my favorite player by any stretch but he is a physical presence and contributes every game.

Umm, he's still a Canuck. Make signs saying how bad he is? Is this supposed to help his trade value? I agree that Edler isn't the Dman he once was, or was supposed to be, and I'm all for trading him at the TDL. What I'm most curious about though is, will he waive? Or will he be completely selfish and walk at the end of his term, and sign with another team?

Why do they let this kid make threads?  

What a disaster.  

We should run him out of CDC. 

People thought he had potential to be great years ago, but now he just sucks. 

Total waste of board space.  

Anyway.  

Edler has his odd gaffe like everyone else,

but the guy is over played due to lack of good defensemen on the team.  

He is solid for 20 minutes a game, then play drops after that.  

It's not his fault he is over played.  

He is solid defensively, physical, and a great mentor to our younger players.   

I feel bad bad for him he has to be the scapegoat for the year.  

I also feel feel bad for myself for reading and responding to this stupid garbage thread.  

30 minutes ago, Horvats_Big_Head said:

My friends, it is time. Once a solid/promising player being compared to the great Nik Lidstrom, Edler is nowhere near that today. He hasn't been for the last 5 years. It has been painful to watch ever since the end of our 2011-2012 season. Around that time, something snapped in his brain and he didn't care as much, didn't work as hard, made more bone headed plays. It has only amplified since then. 

I wanted to vomit when we didn't trade him to the Redwings for Nyquist/Mantha/a 1st round pick. It only got worse when we signed him to that 6 year extension with a NTC. It is just disgusting that the previous regime didn't realize what they were doing. The last few years Edler has been complete garbage, a shell of his former self. Last night supported this argument. 3 bad penalties, turnover after turnover, dumb plays, gets burned on the rush by faster players consistently. The list goes on and on.

I call on all who agree with me to assist in running this player out of town. I mean it. Examples of how you can contribute would be:

He is taking a roster spot that could be filled just as well by somebody who is improving, not disintegrating before our very eyes. He is complete garbage and nobody could convince me otherwise. 

PS I would also like to point out that he is probably the one player I see least doing service in the community, unlike the Sedins.

-HBH 

It is mind-boggling that we live in a society that allows someone this stupid the ability to afford a computer and internet connection. 

I'm no Edler fan, but management has failed to bring in a true top defenceman, and Edler has to be played as that top defenceman. He would be a great 2nd pairing with an offensive d-man, but we don't have that luxury. We have an aging Edler trying to play against younger, faster, more skilled opponents.

But booing him when he touches the puck is pathetic. That's like throwing waffles at your own goalie.

47 minutes ago, Horvats_Big_Head said:

-HBH 

If I used the down vote I would give you it.

We are fans, we have also shown over the years we don't know anything like as much as we like to think we do, about the game.

You are not content with crapping all over one of our core players because in your opinion he doesn't play well but you have the gaul to cast aspersions on his charity work on as you yourself say "a probability"

You have done yourself little credit with this thread imo. Your suggestions for action are so crass and ignorant I actually thought you were on the wind up. 

Edler was a big part of the last three wins. Yeah he had a bad game. Sometimes lack of  forward puck support puts added pressure on the D. With Horvat and Sutter out the forwards have to play better in our end. Everyone has to step up their game, not just Edler. I'm looking at the Sedins in particular. They have to step up.

47 minutes ago, Davathor said:

I'm no Edler fan, but management has failed to bring in a true top defenceman, and Edler has to be played as that top defenceman. He would be a great 2nd pairing with an offensive d-man, but we don't have that luxury. We have an aging Edler trying to play against younger, faster, more skilled opponents.

But booing him when he touches the puck is pathetic. That's like throwing waffles at your own goalie.

Hey! Some goalies like that.

The rumour of Edler to Det was for Brendan smith and a 1st

mantha, nyquist and funny enough Sheehan were deemed untouchable by Det.

i agree with trading Edler this year a TDL if we are out of the race.

if Tavares goes to FA, we need to throw league max at him.

id try to resign sedins and vanek for cheap and find some way to dump the god awful Gagner contract. Ericsson’s seems unmoveable. I doubt anyone wants Gagner or burmistrov.

Archived