The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

B.C. government to go ahead with Site C dam project

aGENT

3 hours ago, Violator said:

They just wanted to put there stamp on it.

In twenty years the power will be needed.

By 2050, most cars will be electric, so power has to come from somewhere to run the cars.   As well, millions of more people will be living in BC 20-50 years from.   They will need the additional power.   Also, people claim the $10 Billion cost now is too expensive but if they build the project 50 years from now the cost could be $100 billion.

BC built a lot of dams in the 1960's.   Fifty years later we are enjoying the benefits from them.   The same way people 50 years from now will be enjoying the benefits of Site C.

7 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

More accurate to say....let's not forget the BC Liberal Party are "Liberals" in name only.  They just hijacked the Liberal party name after the previous name became worthless (eg., Socreds).  I'm pretty certain most of the people that work for the BC Liberals (provincially) work for the Conservatives in federal elections.  Heck, look no further than BC Liberal leadership candidate Watts (won running as a Conservative in the last federal election).

Even the BC Liberal party election signs are mostly blue in color!

Meanwhile Gordie Hogg just won South Surrey white Rock for the Liberal party of Canada.

trudeau-byelection-20171202.jpg

On 12/12/2017 at 3:15 AM, DonLever said:

By 2050, most cars will be electric, so power has to come from somewhere to run the cars.   As well, millions of more people will be living in BC 20-50 years from.   They will need the additional power.   Also, people claim the $10 Billion cost now is too expensive but if they build the project 50 years from now the cost could be $100 billion.

BC built a lot of dams in the 1960's.   Fifty years later we are enjoying the benefits from them.   The same way people 50 years from now will be enjoying the benefits of Site C.

Haha  you really believe this ?   Did you get sucked into the LNG lies as well ?

The B.C. Utilities Commission disagrees with you. 

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/site-c-dam-not-needed-for-power-bc-utilities-commission-says/article36823254/

27 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Haha  you really believe this ?   Did you get sucked into the LNG lies as well ?

The B.C. Utilities Commission disagrees with you. 

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/site-c-dam-not-needed-for-power-bc-utilities-commission-says/article36823254/

Tell the complete story King, that only happens if we continue to be dependent on the US. If you care at all about energy independence, and you should given how things are going in the US, its an important project. 

The BCUC didn't take into account any new power needs like a big investment for increasing our agricultural capacity. 

Its time to drop it, Horgan did. 

19 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Tell the complete story King, that only happens if we continue to be dependent on the US. If you care at all about energy independence, and you should given how things are going in the US, its an important project. 

The BCUC didn't take into account any new power needs like a big investment for increasing our agricultural capacity. 

Its time to drop it, Horgan did. 

Horgan was painted into a corner. He had no options.    He did what he had to do - plugged his nose and approved it. 

And of course wrote a blank cheque from us taxpayers  to cover the project no matter at what cost.....

38 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Horgan was painted into a corner. He had no options.    He did what he had to do - plugged his nose and approved it. 

And of course wrote a blank cheque from us taxpayers  to cover the project no matter at what cost.....

nope, he's the leader. When you want the big chair the decisions are on you. 

Sure he had options, lots of them. I happen to think he made the right one but I can see why others hoping for another "no" would be upset. 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

nope, he's the leader. When you want the big chair the decisions are on you. 

Sure he had options, lots of them. I happen to think he made the right one but I can see why others hoping for another "no" would be upset. 

Thats very untrue and i am sure you already know it.....

Horgan was painted into a corner.  He chose the lesser of 2 evils....   Smart politically but really even a school kid could see it coming.  Didn't you ?

I would paint a  BC Liberal logo on the Site C Dam so for the next 50 years BC voters can remember how they got screwed over by this project.......

Something more cheery.  Have u ordered your t-shirt ?    BC taxpayers soon won't be able to afford living in this province.

This t-shirt may make a nice present so you  when you move back east  to afford housing  you can remember our once wonderful province....

canuck-photo.jpg?quality=70&strip=all&w=

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Thats very untrue and i am sure you already know it.....

Horgan was painted into a corner.  He chose the lesser of 2 evils....   Smart politically but really even a school kid could see it coming.  Didn't you ?

I would paint a  BC Liberal logo on the Site C Dam so for the next 50 years BC voters can remember how they got screwed over by this project.......

Something more cheery.  Have u ordered your t-shirt ?    BC taxpayers soon won't be able to afford living in this province.

This t-shirt may make a nice present so you  when you move back east  to afford housing  you can remember our once wonderful province....

canuck-photo.jpg?quality=70&strip=all&w=

I won't have to move, Horgan has promised to make housing affordable. So....... 

NDP made the right decision.

Taking on 4 Billion in depth with no financial return is much worse than taking in 10-11 that will at least finance the debt it creates.

Forecasts on future energy demand, even those made by the energy commission, are guesses anyways. But it's not exactly hard to marry the idea of reducing emissions to having a greater need for electricity. It's simply logic.

You can have a wind alternative, but don't expect it to be cheaper. I won't tell you the price, but I know it. The real windy places are not exactly close to the major grid or it would be, but as it turns out, it's not.

You can have solar alternative, though it doesn't work very good here for obvious reasons. Solar is a kick ass return on investment in Hawaii though, especially where you traditionally use Diesel for power. I don't know the exact numbers off hand as I don't install solar facilities, but my friend does.

Don't let emotional connections cloud you judgment. I am no big fan of the NDP, but they made the right call. Heck, they even called a spade a spade, and added more clarity to the project. Good for them.

On 12/13/2017 at 4:48 PM, kingofsurrey said:

Average home now in Chilliwack BC is approaching 500,000 dollars.   Does anyone really believe that represents affordable housing ? 

Abbotsford average price is now 800,000

And even crack shacks in Chilliwack are going for close to that now.  Its brutal out here.  Moved out here because it was cheap and everything skyrocketed.

2 minutes ago, Russ said:

And even crack shacks in Chilliwack are going for close to that now.  Its brutal out here.  Moved out here because it was cheap and everything skyrocketed.

#BrokenBC

Too many years of the BC liberal party have ran this province into the ground.

Archived