The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pettersson Horvat Boeser - You call it.

fanfor42

18 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Goldy-Horvat-Boeser

Dahlen-Pettersson-Virtanen

Lind- Gaudette -Gadjovich

However the lines gel, that's a great top 9 if everyone develops to their potential.  Terrific mix of different skllsets.  We also have Granlund, Gaunce, Lockwood, and Baer, plus Eriksson and Sutter aren't going anywhere.  It's going to get crowded.

Next year

1.Bart-Horvat- Boeser

2.Dahlen - Grandlund - Petterson---- Need Suttter or Grandlund to cover up mistakes with young guys on offence

3.Goldy- Gaudette- Virtanen ( Chris Stewart ) toughness, Gaudette will play tough

4. Erickson -Sutter- Gagne

Gaunce and tough player we pick up in trade like Chris Stewart 6'2, 235 lbs can play hockey and add toughness.These 2 guys are extra forwards..

Gadjovich, Lind start in Utica on 20 yrs old at start of season. we already have Gaudette, Dahlen. Petterson in line up..

Just now, wildcam said:

Next year

1.Bart-Horvat- Boeser

2.Dahlen - Grandlund - Petterson---- Need Suttter or Grandlund to cover up mistakes with young guys on offence

3.Goldy- Gaudette- Virtanen ( Chris Stewart ) toughness, Gaudette will play tough

Gaunce and tough player we pick up in trade like Chris Stewart 6'2, 235 lbs can play hockey and add toughness.These 2 guys are extra forwards..

Gadjovich, Lind start in Utica on 20 yrs old at start of season. we already have Gaudette, Dahlen. Petterson in line up..

Gaunce isn't being benched in favour of Gagner.

4 hours ago, wildcam said:

Next year

1.Bart-Horvat- Boeser

3 rookies will not make the team on offense with the expectation they play the entire season next year

not realistic

Interesting perspectives here.  Heres mine.

If a player is elite and has the ability to play center, he is best off at center. Being a center requires a more extensive skill set, so moving Pettersson to wing doesnt properly take advantage of all his skills.

Additionally, I feel Horvat may have already hit his ceiling. And imo, that ceiling is as a high end, 2 way center.  Basically, I feel Horvat is this era's Kesler and he should remain as our 2nd center.  He also doesn't ooze that elite level skill we can already see in Pettersson and Boeser. 

Assuming that's what happens, then we are still open on the left side. Someone suggested a big body there to protect the line and I can see that as a possibility.  I only see two players in our system that could play that role and those are Virtanen and Gadjovich and I'm not certain either have or will have the accompanying talent and/or true massive size ideal for such a role.  If we went with pure talent I'm not sure we have such a player either but Goldobin and/or Dahlen may or may but most likely won't fit the bill.  Either way, I still feel we may have to acquire another player to fit there.  Baertschi isnt it, since I feel he too is jearing his ceiling.

So this is what I see at this point:

? Pettersson Boeser

Baertschi Horvat ?

I'm totally confident we have the depth of good forwards to fill that 2nd line role.  Even Eriksson on his game can fill that well.  

So to me, its really that first line that 8s still in question and that may sort itself out as our players develop.  We will have an excellent 1-2 line team and by extension those guys not quite good enough to be in our top 6 end up in our bottom six... To make up the best 4-line team weve ever had.  In fact, I believe Benning has built up so much forward depth that we will end up needing to move a couple of guys who we just don't need.  

To me, our issue is primarily our d.  I know this is about our future top line but I really think the d needs to be addressed.  Besides Juolevi, we are virtually completely dry of good prospects there and even he isn't the level we truly need.  I see him as a #2 at best and possibly a #3 on a stacked team as ours will be in a couple of years.  I think the rest of our d is good for 2nd and 3rd pairing guys so what we really need is a true #1 pmd.  Paired with Tanev who could cover him and let him play to his potential, then Juolevi as our 3rd (and on 2nd pp unit) we would be ok.  But we certainly d9nt have this player in our system now and drafting him wouldn't get him in the lineup for at least 2-3 years so I'm not sure what Benning is planning here.  Perhaps use that excess talent I mentioned earlier and trade it along with a roster defenseman?  We will see...

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎12 at 3:48 AM, VancouverHabitant said:

Petersson won’t be in the NHL until 2019. Sorry guys, I get the fish from OP’s freezer.

I'm usually not for rushing prospect in too early, but with Petersson already dominating the SHL...what's left for him over there?  He wouldn't develop much more returning to the SHL.  My guess is he's on opening night 2018, if he's overwhelmed after 10-20 games, maybe a few weeks in the AHL and then backup in January 2019.  

If the 175 pound Hischier can handle it, I don't see why Petersson, a year later, couldn't.  Not expecting the same production as Boeser, but anything around 0.5PPG would be good.

11 hours ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Since he is a better playmaker than horvat he should be feeding boeser that's why. 

In other words, common sense. 

Eventually, sure.

Next year, I'd wager he starts on W and lower in the lineup (middle 6).

Pettersson has the talent to play here next season, it's the question as to whether or not he'll have the frame and appropriate strength. My guess is he won't and we won't see him for maybe another season or two. But that's fine, he's fairly young and still needs to fill out a bit and we're still a borderline playoff team at best.

Not a fan of stacking up one line if he does make it though, I'd rather have talent spread throughout our top six/top nine. It's a lot easier to shut down a single line than it is to shut down depth. It'd be neat to see on the powerplay.

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Pettersson has the talent to play here next season, it's the question as to whether or not he'll have the frame and appropriate strength. My guess is he won't and we won't see him for maybe another season or two. But that's fine, he's fairly young and still needs to fill out a bit and we're still a borderline playoff team at best.

Not a fan of stacking up one line if he does make it though, I'd rather have talent spread throughout our top six/top nine. It's a lot easier to shut down a single line than it is to shut down depth. It'd be neat to see on the powerplay.

Image result for neat meme

9 hours ago, timberz21 said:

I'm usually not for rushing prospect in too early, but with Petersson already dominating the SHL...what's left for him over there?  He wouldn't develop much more returning to the SHL.  My guess is he's on opening night 2018, if he's overwhelmed after 10-20 games, maybe a few weeks in the AHL and then backup in January 2019.  

If the 175 pound Hischier can handle it, I don't see why Petersson, a year later, couldn't.  Not expecting the same production as Boeser, but anything around 0.5PPG would be good.

I hope you're right, but 175 pound Hischier is sadly heavier then Elias.   

I know he's dominating over there but I think that the physical nature of the NHL would be too much for him.  Half a year in the AHL mostly for the conditioning and getting his body up to speed might be the best thing for him and I'm pretty sure that Green and Benning might be thinking along those lines as well.  

We'll see, let's just set our expectations to a more reasonable level. 

On December 12, 2017 at 10:38 PM, coastal.view said:

3 rookies will not make the team on offense with the expectation they play the entire season next year

not realistic

Thos three players I have mention are Gaudette?? Gaudette is better then half the canucks right now on Vancouver..Oh and he is tough, is that not lacking?? There is not one Canuck player the plays this way..Gaudette 6'2, 210 skill and toughness..

Pettersson, He is also more skill then most Canucks right now....Dahlen is the one the might be a question mark??

How can you say Gaudette, Pettersson will not make this team? You better go see how skilled these guys are?

You cannot keep Gaudette and Pettersson off the roster next season too much skill..

Maybe your watching a different Canuck team then me?? These two rookies are better then Gagner, Sutter,Gaunce, Bermistrov, Erickson.. 

8 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Thos three players I have mention are Gaudette?? Gaudette is better then half the canucks right now on Vancouver..Oh and he is tough, is that not lacking?? There is not one Canuck player the plays this way..Gaudette 6'2, 210 skill and toughness..

Pettersson, He is also more skill then most Canucks right now....Dahlen is the one the might be a question mark??

How can you say Gaudette, Pettersson will not make this team? You better go see how skilled these guys are?

You cannot keep Gaudette and Pettersson off the roster next season too much skill..

Maybe your watching a different Canuck team then me?? These two rookies are better then Gagner, Sutter,Gaunce, Bermistrov, Erickson.. 

you assume there is no transition/ adjustment

as good as bo is now . .he had a lot of learning to do his first season

i doubt he would have stayed with the team if the only option available was to return him to juniors

we all agree bo is good

i think pettersson will make the team though

maybe joulevi as well

1 hour ago, coastal.view said:

you assume there is no transition/ adjustment

as good as bo is now . .he had a lot of learning to do his first season

i doubt he would have stayed with the team if the only option available was to return him to juniors

we all agree bo is good

i think pettersson will make the team though

maybe joulevi as well

Gaudette will jump in like Boeser did...Gaudete is going to be a #2 centre for many years.. One of the best college player right now.. His game is ready for NHL..

Pettersson will also make the team..

Joulevi will not make team he will need time....

Archived