The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

"Might be the most natural goalscorer I've played with"

*Buzzsaw*

16 hours ago, Bo53 said:

Imagine the reaction of all the leafs fans if Boeser got 40 goals in his rookie year right after Matthews did it... I love to hate the leafs:wub:

As a Canucks fan living in Toronto, they would say we got a really good player in Brock Boeser and congratulate me. They would literally have no reaction. Why would they? It isn't like they traded Boeser away for peanuts. Also, the Canucks to the Leafs are what the Senators are to the Canucks. Do Canucks fans care at all about the Sens? Not really. 

On the topic of the Senators, if Dahlen wins the calder or scores 30 goals next year imagine their reaction after making that horrible trade. 

4 hours ago, Zhukini said:

First of all, defensemen don't play at 19 anymore, Provorov played a full season. He's a + player on a terrible team, and had more points than any of our defensemen last year AND this current year. 

In regards to the bolded, Brock scored last night playing with the twins. You might have heard of them. They're pretty good. 

I agree with your statement. The bolded i just wanted to highlight as a great number of posters here consider OJ a bust because he is not in the NHL at 19.... 

4 hours ago, apollo said:

Ok I know I'm known to be a homer around here but are you kidding me?! 

Provorov is so overrated. Werenski you could argue is 3rd, but not a chance... a sniper like Brock is much more valuable. 

And Barzal ahead of Brock?! Goal scoring is way more important than getting assists. Brock has scored with any line mate he's had... Take Bo, Take Sven away and he's still popping home goals. Barzal is surrounded by two pretty solid players in Eberle and Ladd... 

Apollo, I'd like to nominate you for the selection committee, every yr for the HHOF.

"Oh, you bunch of idiots can't you see Gary Bones Bromley innovated, & changed how the position was played?!..& obviously Kearns should be in, THAT's a non-starter!"

20 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

If you watched the game, and watched the intermission, you saw Henrik's interview where he was asked about Boeser.

His reply has to say something about how good this kid is... and will be.

From my perspective Henrik Sedin is the guy who is least likely to exaggerate... bullsh*t... or otherwise string a line.

Let's take the remark in context... who has Henrik played with?

The obvious ones which come to mind:

Marcus Naslund... 48 goal season... #1 alltime season goalscoring leader among Swedes.

Daniel... 41 goal season

Linden...  33 goal season.

Not a bad group to be compared with... but lets also remember who else Henrik played with when he was on the Swedish Olympic team:

Matts Sundin...  47 goal season

Henrik Zetterberg...  43 goal season

Daniel Alfredsson... 42 goal season

Peter Forsberg...   38 goal season

If Henrik thinks Brock "The Bullet" Boeser is in the same scoring league as the above list... then we will have a lot of happy Canuck fans in the future.   B)

You forgot Anson Carter, the best sniper in history

20 hours ago, ABNuck said:

His quick release kind of reminds me of Brett Hull (0.584 career GPG)...right now Brock is scoring at a 0.571 GPG rate.

Brett also played collegiate hockey and was also criticized early in his career for his skating ability...oh yeah and then there's the hair...eerily similar...

That "one timer" he had against the Penguins ?  sure was reminiscent of Brett Hull and Ovie 

21 hours ago, ABNuck said:

His quick release kind of reminds me of Brett Hull (0.584 career GPG)...right now Brock is scoring at a 0.571 GPG rate.

Brett also played collegiate hockey and was also criticized early in his career for his skating ability...oh yeah and then there's the hair...eerily similar...

Brock is an over all better player than Brett imo

12 hours ago, Zhukini said:

I think he's more around 6. Barzal is probably going to be leading the league in assists, or near the top for the next decade. He also plays a more valuable position. 

1. McDavid

2. Eichel

3. Werenski

4. Provorov

5. Barzal

6. Boeser

Marner is up there too, he's having a sophomore slump, much like you can expect for Boeser next year

12 hours ago, apollo said:

Ok I know I'm known to be a homer around here but are you kidding me?! 

Provorov is so overrated. Werenski you could argue is 3rd, but not a chance... a sniper like Brock is much more valuable. 

And Barzal ahead of Brock?! Goal scoring is way more important than getting assists. Brock has scored with any line mate he's had... Take Bo, Take Sven away and he's still popping home goals. Barzal is surrounded by two pretty solid players in Eberle and Ladd... 

Ok so 1 and 2 are obviously McDavid and Eichel.

3-6 is tough. But Brock plays the least valuable position in hockey.

Werenski put up 47 points as a rookie 19 year old D man. Provorov put up 30.

Werenski is averaging 23 minutes a game this year. A 20 year old D man. Provorov is averaging 25 minutes a game. Also 20 years old. 

This year, they are both going at a 0.5 pt/gp pace, and are stud D men at 20 years old.

Brock and Barzal simply don't have a large enough sample size yet. But since they are both going at relatively similar point pace, you have to put Barzal in front because of his position. 

So Boeser at 6 is correct for now

Remember, he was #23, so a jump of 17 spots in a re-draft is pretty damn good.....

12 hours ago, Zhukini said:

I think he's more around 6. Barzal is probably going to be leading the league in assists, or near the top for the next decade. He also plays a more valuable position. 

1. McDavid

2. Eichel

3. Werenski

4. Provorov

5. Barzal

6. Boeser

Marner is up there too, he's having a sophomore slump, much like you can expect for Boeser next year

Well, I just hate to break it to you but........Pettersson will lead the league in assists for the next 10+ years

:blush:

14 hours ago, tas said:

the thing I'm most impressed with is that he doesn't seem to miss the net ... like, ever.  when he shoots the puck, one of 4 things happen:

1) it goes in a corner

2) it goes through the goalie due to sheer force

3) it hits the goalie (this isn't the same as making a save. at best it's fighting it off)

4) it gets deflected or blocked

you can look at his 21% shooting percentage and say it's unsustainable, and it's possible you're right (since that's an absurd scoring rate), but the way he plays and shoots the puck, I think he's going to be a very rare player that capitalizes on a ridiculous percentage of his opportunities. 

He also drags the puck and changes the angle of his shot to throw the goalies off. 

22 hours ago, Zhukini said:

First of all, defensemen don't play at 19 anymore, Provorov played a full season. He's a + player on a terrible team, and had more points than any of our defensemen last year AND this current year. 

In regards to the bolded, Brock scored last night playing with the twins. You might have heard of them. They're pretty good. 

You also may have noticed that Brock Boeser has scored in every single game so far since his centre Bo Horvat got injured. 

Those three goals:

1 dirty rebound in front of the net

1 nice shot off the rush 

1 snipe from the slot 

guy can can score in every way no matter who he’s with. That being said, all else being equal a centre is a more valued position than a winger. I’m not too sure about what Barzal’s play away from the puck is like, but if it’s similar to Brock’s, I would have to give the edge to Barzal simply because he is a centre

16 hours ago, erkayloomeh said:

Brock is an over all better player than Brett imo

Agree...it was easier for Brett in his day...he was a one-dimensional player who was deployed in every offensive situation. He often times would score 40+ goals but end up on the negative side of +/-...if Brock was like him in today's NHL I would bet that he'd either find himself in the A for longer...or in the K forever...

1 hour ago, ABNuck said:

Agree...it was easier for Brett in his day...he was a one-dimensional player who was deployed in every offensive situation. He often times would score 40+ goals but end up on the negative side of +/-...if Brock was like him in today's NHL I would bet that he'd either find himself in the A for longer...or in the K forever...

i kind of feel its to early to say brock boeser, with his grand total of 37 games, is a better overall player then a guy who scored at least 70 goals in 3 straight years.... including an 86 goal season......in which the next closest player had 51 goals...and another 2 50 goal seasons......... I mean seriously?

On 12/11/2017 at 9:58 PM, *Buzzsaw* said:

If you watched the game, and watched the intermission, you saw Henrik's interview where he was asked about Boeser.

His reply has to say something about how good this kid is... and will be.

It's not just Henrik talking up Boeser it's the all sports media as well.

I've heard "In Boesers first 28 games only 3 players have scored more than Boeser in their first 28 games "

Lindros 

Selanne   

Ovechkin

I have also heard "Boesers catch and release is already top 3 in the league " 

These two things alone speaks volumes, this kid is the real deal and our captain knows it! 

Archived