• 3 weeks later...

Updated (2/7/19):

Defensemen:

Career Points (Alex Edler - 354 points)

Career Games (Alex Edler - 796 games)

Centres:

Rookie Goals (E. Pettersson - 25 goals) NEW RECORD HOLDER

Other notes:

- Pettersson is 1 GWG away from tying the record for the most game-winning goals by a Canuck centreman. The record of 8 GWG was set by Morrison in 2002-03 and tied by Henrik Sedin in 2008-09.

- Pettersson finally officially broke his way into my record books, beating Hlinka's 37-year old record of goals by a Canuck rookie centreman. Hlinka had 23 goals in 1981-82, and Pettersson is currently at 25 goals.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

No surprise that we lead the League in posts and crossbars :shock:

DzYp2DKUYAAgz2N.jpg

I'm not sure how far back this stat goes, but it looks like it goes back til about 2008-09 or so. Since that time, the Canucks have the most posts in the league with 449.

Interestingly, the Canucks also have the most shots and goals deflected. I suspect you can thank the Sedinery slap pass for that.

• 1 month later...
On 2/14/2019 at 10:25 AM, Mackcanuck said:

No surprise that we lead the League in posts and crossbars :shock:

DzYp2DKUYAAgz2N.jpg

I bet you Granlund accounts for 95% of those crossbars and post.  He couldn't score a goal if his life depended on it.   One of the worse shooters in awhile.

Edited by RU SERIOUS

• 2 months later...

Updated (6/19/19):

Defensemen:

Career Points (Alex Edler - 368 points)

Career Games (Alex Edler - 814 games)

Career Goals (Alex Edler - 94 goals) NEW RECORD HOLDER

Career Point Play Points (Alex Edler - 170 PPP)

Centres:

Rookie Goals (E. Pettersson - 28 goals)

Rookie Points (E. Pettersson - 66 points) NEW RECORD HOLDER

All Skaters:

Rookie Points (E. Pettersson - 66 points) NEW RECORD HOLDER

Other notes:

- Edler (45 PPG) is 3 powerplay goals from surpassing Salo as the all-time leader in PPGs, who has 48.

- Edler is 16 assists behind Dennis Kearns for the all-time assist record. Kearns is at 290 assists.

- Edler is 6 goals from becoming the first Canuck defenseman to score 100 goals with the team.

- While Pettersson didn't beat Bure's rookie goals record, he did beat Hlinka's 23-goal record for rookie centres.

- Pettersson was one assist shy of besting Hlinka's record of 37 assists as a rookie centre.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2017 at 7:58 PM, nuck-lifer said:

This is a great reference for Canuck's stats. Excellent work here!

So many stand out as a surprise, but the Dan Cloutier's Save% and  wins gets my attention, since i remember nothing but criticism with Cloutier's play including myself.

#lovestats

Image result for dan cloutier beach ball

Sharp VS Luongo... I seem to remember it differently ;)

Game 7... Over time... Stone job that led to the Burrows slaying. 

Cloutier did pretty well in regular season... He's our goalie coach right? 

11 hours ago, apollo said:

Sharp VS Luongo... I seem to remember it differently ;)

Game 7... Over time... Stone job that led to the Burrows slaying. 

Cloutier did pretty well in regular season... He's our goalie coach right? 

Cloutier's regular season stats were perfectly fine.  Perhaps even quite good.  He was on the list of "guys to consider" at camp for the Olympics one year.

Playoffs was a whole different thing though.  Starting around game three or four of a series he would just get Steve Sax syndrome for goalies and guarantee a series loss all by himself.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Cloutier's regular season stats were perfectly fine.  Perhaps even quite good.  He was on the list of "guys to consider" at camp for the Olympics one year.

Playoffs was a whole different thing though.  Starting around game three or four of a series he would just get Steve Sax syndrome for goalies and guarantee a series loss all by himself.

Sigh... you summed it up pretty well :(

Despite all of this, I do believe that he's quite experienced and definitely brings positive value to our coaching staff. 

Man I remember being in 4th 5th and 6th grade (2002-2004) all the girls loved him... He's still pretty handsome but in his prime he should have been the face of the bachelor :lol:

Loved his feisty side too. I remember going crazy as a kid watching this. Really glad this is the kind of guy that's on our coaching staff.  1:40 in ... funny how its Bertuzzi of all people coming to calm him down 

edit: shorthouse just had more excitement in his voice back in the day... I feel like he's lost it a tad :(

Edited by apollo
  • Upvote 1

On 8/16/2019 at 12:23 PM, apollo said:

Despite all of this, I do believe that he's quite experienced and definitely brings positive value to our coaching staff. 

Man I remember being in 4th 5th and 6th grade (2002-2004) all the girls loved him... He's still pretty handsome but in his prime he should have been the face of the bachelor :lol:

Loved his feisty side too. I remember going crazy as a kid watching this. Really glad this is the kind of guy that's on our coaching staff.  1:40 in ... funny how its Bertuzzi of all people coming to calm him down 

edit: shorthouse just had more excitement in his voice back in the day... I feel like he's lost it a tad :(

Clouts was a warrior.  The guy competed hard.  I would gladly have him on my team any day.  A team full of guys like Clouts is a team that is tough to play against.....  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

• 3 months later...
On 8/16/2019 at 12:23 PM, apollo said:

Or that team was so exciting WCE and we aren’t as exciting (yet) in regards to shorthouse

• 1 month later...

Updated (12/23/19):

Defensemen:

Career Points (Alex Edler - 383 points)

Career Games (Alex Edler - 841 games)

Career Goals (Alex Edler - 98 goals)

Career Point Play Points (Alex Edler - 176 PPP)

Other notes:

- Edler (46 PPG) is 2 powerplay goals from surpassing Salo as the all-time leader in PPGs, who has 48.

- Edler is 5 assists behind Dennis Kearns for the all-time assist record. Kearns is at 290 assists.

- Edler is 2 goals from becoming the first Canuck defenseman to score 100 goals with the team.

- I don't track this record, but Hughes' 14 PP Points are 4th among rookie Canuck defenders. Kearns set the record in 1971-72 with 17.

- As of right now (prior to tonight's game vs the Oilers), Hughes has 0.72 points-per-game, which is exactly what Dale Tallon had when he set the Canucks rookie defensemen records in 1970-71. Back then, they only played 78 games in a season though, so Hughes has four extra games to work with.

• Upvote 1

How about adding some team records (apologize if I've missed that - hit the tabs and if they are already there I just haven't seen them yet).   Good work on individual stats - fun to see.

What I mean is things like most goals scored in a single season (91-92 I believe- 346 or something like that),  and GA (both best and worst) winning percentage (best and worse - they are both records) and include each year we've won our division and a bit on those.   

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

• 7 months later...
On 1/19/2019 at 8:04 AM, Kevin Biestra said:

“KING RICHARD”.... 

There was another Bertuzzi music video made “the Watuzzi” or something ... it was well done and the video part especially (prime Bertuzzi was just so darn good, exactly what you want on your team in the dead puck era, no room out their - one arming 6’3 defenseman like they were 5’10”....) comparing him to some big bull called the Watuzzi  Africa or something.   Not sure how to find or post it but worth a watch for sure!  The original was done by Heavy Eric...

Edited by IBatch
  • Vintage 1

11 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

So what's the Canucks record for points in a playoff year by a rookie defenseman?  Is Quinn there or flirting with it already?

Definitely set a record for one series ... not sure though ... who would of even be around to do that?  Not many years have we got past the first round outside the Linden years ... already at 6 games playoffs...if QHs plays 10 games for sure he’s got it in the bag if he already hasn’t 

QHs however is on the All-time rookie defenseman list - at 13...pro-rated to a full season he’d be firmly in the top ten right around Chelios at 6 or so...wow.  Just wow.   One behind Potvin - IMO the best complete defenseman ever to play to game.   Curiously Myers also made the list at 22...

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Definitely set a record for one series ... not sure though ... who would of even be around to do that?  Not many years have we got past the first round outside the Linden years ... already at 6 games playoffs...if QHs plays 10 games for sure he’s got it in the bag if he already hasn’t

Yeah, I gave it a quick bit of thought who might have had a good rookie year combined with a decent playoff run.  Nothing really came to mind.  Butcher was a rookie in 82 but didn't play much or score much.  I remember Aucoin scored in his first ever playoff game but that wasn't much of a playoff year.