The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Brendan Lemieux

86Viking

Needing some grit in our bottom 6, Lemieux plays with an edge, he is having a good year in the AHL.

16GP this year 8G 10A 34PIM +13

Not sure what it would take to get him, Winnipeg has a pretty solid forward group this year. 

Brendan Lemieux

Left Wing -- shoots L
Born Mar 15 1996 -- Denver, CO 
[21 yrs. ago] 
Height 6.01 -- Weight 210 [185 cm/95 kg]

28 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I liked him in his draft year. I think we have a plethora of AHL scoring wingers though. If the selling point is grit, well that's relatively cheap. 

He is a bit of both, I kind of see his potential upside being a gritty forward like Gallagher. Maybe not as offensive but good complimentary winger for a line needing some grit.

I am sure Winniped would probably like to keep him, but who knows he could be someone available if they choose to look for depth for a playoff push come deadline day?

He wont be a cheap acquisition, but could be worth seeing if they would consider moving him.

Yes, Claude's son

1 hour ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I liked him in his draft year. I think we have a plethora of AHL scoring wingers though. If the selling point is grit, well that's relatively cheap. 

But a scoring winger with grit is expensive. 

I don't see the Jets moving this kid, there really is no point for them to make this trade unless someone overpays. 

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

But a scoring winger with grit is expensive. 

I don't see the Jets moving this kid, there really is no point for them to make this trade unless someone overpays. 

A 21 year old who looks like he can nab a bottom 6 role? Middle 6 if he fulfills his upside...

Even scoring well in the AHL is not, bot by any stretch, a chip worth a marquee name.  Hansen nabbed Goldobin. In a similar example of value, even if roles are different.  

3 hours ago, Yotes said:

He wont be a cheap acquisition, but could be worth seeing if they would consider moving him

I'd be asking for Lemieux and a 4th for Hutton.

Hutton is a serviceable 2knd and 3rd pair PMD. Mobile, some skills, still young, an ongoing asset, ok size...  And in the NHL!!! He, especially considering his contract, would be a good add for the Jets.  If they did not go deeper, all in?  (Which is not their GM's style at any stretch...).  We can afford this with our left side depth, including Holm & Wiercioch on the farm.

I might or might not have to come down on my price. But as above > I don't see Lemieux as a drop dead surefire NHLér who will command a ton?

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I'd be asking for Lemieux and a 4th for Hutton.

Hutton is a serviceable 2knd and 3rd pair PMD. Mobile, some skills, still young, an ongoing asset, ok size...  And in the NHL!!! He, especially considering his contract, would be a good add for the Jets.  If they did not go deeper, all in?  (Which is not their GM's style at any stretch...).  We can afford this with our left side depth, including Holm & Wiercioch on the farm.

I might or might not have to come down on my price. But as above > I don't see Lemieux as a drop dead surefire NHLér who will command a ton?

Hutton has value to us still. We have a hole on the left side if Edler and MDZ are both gone in a year and a half. I think Hutton is a good trade chip that we could dangle for the right price.

That being said, I would want a more established player in the NHL than Lemieux. Lemieux is a player we try to trade for with a pick or roster play ala Hansen/burrows trade of last year. I would consider moving Hutton but the pick would have to be better.

If we traded Hutton I would ideally want someone like Athanasiou from Detroit. Highly doubt they move him, probably not alone for Hutton. But I did find it very strange why they took so long to sign him.

5 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

A 21 year old who looks like he can nab a bottom 6 role? Middle 6 if he fulfills his upside...

Even scoring well in the AHL is not, bot by any stretch, a chip worth a marquee name.  Hansen nabbed Goldobin. In a similar example of value, even if roles are different.  

I think that's quite a bit.  Hutton is expensive. I'm don't think I'd pay that price. 

Archived