The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hutton leaves practice

hammertime

5 minutes ago, luckylager said:

To say the least. 

Subban for Dowd was a stop gap, and a worthy one.

If / when Hutton is traded I'd expect him to be part of a trade up scenario 

I don't really get the Dowd trade. I'm not upset about Subban, but I don't see Dowd being in the lineup at all in 5 weeks.

2 minutes ago, Incursio said:

I don't really get the Dowd trade. I'm not upset about Subban, but I don't see Dowd being in the lineup at all in 5 weeks.

would rather have had Andreoff instead. Oh well, hope he does good for as long as he's here.

9 minutes ago, Incursio said:

They needed someone to take faceoffs at the NHL level.  They got that for someone they had no plans on using at the NHL level.  Really, even better than giving up a super low draft pick that who knows will turn into.

1 hour ago, Incursio said:

The prototypical stop gap.

Needed an NHL calibre forward with a physical presence and Dowd was the best JB could do given who he was willing to trade.

It's not like LA called for Subban.

7 hours ago, Incursio said:

I don’t think the Canucks have interest in having Subbans contract in the system past this year, I think Dowd gave them a short term option at center, and an expiring contract at the end of the season. I think they were freeing up contract spots for end of season and summer maneuvering.

9 hours ago, Incursio said:

I thought Dowd played a solid game vs SJ.  Dorsett was constantly on the other team physically and Dowd seems to bring that too.  Made some shifty passes. It moves Guance to LW..  People say he was stuck behind a good line up in LA-we'll see?

I like that JB is looking for hidden gems- at the very least a stop gap for all the injuries so far.

38 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

I thought Dowd played a solid game vs SJ.  Dorsett was constantly on the other team physically and Dowd seems to bring that too.  Made some shifty passes. It moves Guance to LW..  People say he was stuck behind a good line up in LA-we'll see?

I like that JB is looking for hidden gems- at the very least a stop gap for all the injuries so far.

Agree 100% some you win some you lose, but it was evident Subban was never going to play here.

So take a flutter and see how it goes. At the moment he fills a spot, and if it works out, good, if not so what....

Think @VegasCanuck is right as well. If it doesn't work out it frees up a spot for next years influx.

Archived