The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Stars trade Jamie Oleksiak to Penguins for 2019 conditional 4th-round pick

10 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

And if they don't, watch the stats junkies blame it on Reaves and Oleksiak....

Of course. Stats is where it's at. I have already used Hockey DB four times to decide who has won these two trades the Pens have just completed.

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Pedan does not seem to be making his way up to the Penguins. :frantic:

To fill the role you would presume Oleksiak is going to?

My thoughts exactly. Rutherford realises Pedan is not NHL calibre so he had to make this move. 

Pouliot trade looks even better for JB now and it will keep looking better and better for the next 7+ years. 

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Stanley Cup champions adding size to the back end. But according to analytics, the game is moving away from size and physical play.......

LOL...FLA & Arizona - two of the heaviest invested teams in analytics....where has it gotten them?

2 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

LOL...FLA & Arizona - two of the heaviest invested teams in analytics....where has it gotten them?

Analytics definitely have value, and can be used to hone areas of a player's game to help them improve, but to put all the eggs in one proverbial basket as the two aforementioned teams have done is not a smart move.

Optical deal.

Lose Pouliot for scraps....Pouliot performs far better elsewhere.

Appease by adding a former mid-first project D replacement.

That said - good deal for Pittsburgh - I'd have given up a 4th for Oleksiak as well if I'm Pitt, in a heartbeat.

Archived