The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock or Bo ?

erkayloomeh

6 hours ago, erkayloomeh said:

So. With each passing day it seems Brock is gaining more popularity in Vancouver ....here on CDC. Seems not that long ago Bo was in those same shoes. 

For me, I would have to say Bo is still an overall better player but Boeser is probably my favorite.

So my question for you today, just to satisfy my own curiosity and to spark some good conversation is, whos your favorite and why??

Not trying to start any controversy by the way as I'm sure we all love them both.

Cheers and thanks.

boeser.  I'm waiting on Petterson and juolevi to challenge. ^^  i love jakes play last 3 games.

6 hours ago, Rush17 said:

boeser.  I'm waiting on Petterson and juolevi to challenge. ^^  i love jakes play last 3 games.

I have a feeling juolevi doesn't endear himself to the same level as the other three you mention. 

But petterson will sure be interesting. And all three bring a different flavor .

Exciting times ahead 

Question: how do you choose between two hot girls...

Answer: You don't...

Lets just enjoy them both as long as it lasts.

Will be interesting when Pettersson arrives.... So this is what it feels like having elite talent coming through...Nice :)

Dead even....

Bo is going to be our Captain and the heart and soul of our team.....Brock and EP are going to be our Superstars...Brock is already tied with Ovi for the second most Game winning goals in the league....he is on pace for 45 goals on the season....as a rookie...

They are equally valuable right now and should continue to be....as soon as EP joins them next year ...I expect them to be challenging for the best line in the league...with a rookie and a sophomore ...huge things coming for these guys.

One top notch D. and Demko and we should be contending for the cup for years to come....

I don't do favourite players, but the more I see of boeser the less certain I become that horvat will get the captaincy. 

it'll be interesting to see how the next few years play out. if the canucks end up with a forward group centered around boeser, pettersson and horvat, that's potentially almost like having ovechkin, backstrom and bergeron. not to mention the other irons that are currently in the fire. 

17 hours ago, erkayloomeh said:

So. With each passing day it seems Brock is gaining more popularity in Vancouver ....here on CDC. Seems not that long ago Bo was in those same shoes. 

For me, I would have to say Bo is still an overall better player but Boeser is probably my favorite.

So my question for you today, just to satisfy my own curiosity and to spark some good conversation is, whos your favorite and why??

Not trying to start any controversy by the way as I'm sure we all love them both.

Cheers and thanks.

Don't see much point in this to be truthful.

But, if I must.

Brock is electrifying, in that, every time he's near the puck he could score.  He capitalizes on his opportunities and can pick his spots.  We've desperately needed goal scoring and it's amazing to see his potential.  And how he's suddenly provided this in spades.  I don't put too much pressure on sustaining things at this level, as all players have peaks and valleys, but wow.  He's fun to watch.  He seems to be having fun out there and things come fairly natural to him.

Bo is a workhorse.  He has composure and a level of compete that I love.  He's solid and I expect great things from him (too). 

It's like asking me to pick:  Linden over Bure.  They were both essential pieces in our puzzle.

17 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Horvat is like Linden - the face of the franchise, captain material.

Boeser is like Bure - goal-scorer, better offensive player.

I don't really have a favourite, but I'm glad we have both of them on our team.

Horvat is like Trottier, maybe not quite that good yet, Linden at Horvat's age was more dynamic and physical.

Boeser is definitely like Bossy, both were sharpshooters right out of the blocks, Bure was beyond either, when he got on the ice fans stood up, Bure was electric and a lot of times didn't need the rest of the team. A different dynamic.

Boeser's nose for the goals is almost uncanny and I could see him scoring 50+ goals, I was thinking a little of Laine as well, both have incredible accuracy and shots, but there is a little bit, not very much, of an edge that goes to Laine....so far.

5 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Don't see much point in this to be truthful.

But, if I must.

Brock is electrifying, in that, every time he's near the puck he could score.  He capitalizes on his opportunities and can pick his spots.  We've desperately needed goal scoring and it's amazing to see his potential.  And how he's suddenly provided this in spades.  I don't put too much pressure on sustaining things at this level, as all players have peaks and valleys, but wow.  He's fun to watch.  He seems to be having fun out there and things come fairly natural to him.

Bo is a workhorse.  He has composure and a level of compete that I love.  He's solid and I expect great things from him (too). 

It's like asking me to pick:  Linden over Bure.  They were both essential pieces in our puzzle.

I don't see the point in responding to your post.

But if I must....

I guess when I started the thread I should have given tie as an option as there are a couple people that got there beak out of joint at being forced to choose.

Also surprised at the amount of people who just can't decide between the two. But that's a good thing because everybody likes Bo and Brock . 

I guess next time I will ask a simpler question like who's your favorite poster on CDC. 

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 8:52 PM, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I wonder how Pettersson will fit into this equation....

The third leg to complete our top forwards.  May not be all playing on the same line, but once Sedins are done, they are the stars of the team.  Like west coast express/Jovo, sedins/kes/Luongo.  Time will tell if Nux have a D man as a star.  Juolevi still has a long way to go. 

Archived