The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do we trade Thomas Vanek at the deadline or do we re-sign him?

Odd.

Trade Vanek?  

292 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thomas Vanek coming off a hattrick night and an assist to add to that. 

Thus far: 35GP 10g 12a 22pts. On pace for 50 points and is a UFA at the end of the season. 1 year 2M contract. Very enticing for playoff teams looking for depth although he can be quite a streaky player. Benning brought him in to be a stop gap however at the end of the day, despite Vanek being a pretty solid player for us, I'd still try and get a solid return out of him at the deadline. 

I would think he fetches us at least a 2nd round pick. Tampa could use a scoring 3rd line RW. Tampa's 2nd rounder and a prospect. Maybe a team would be willing to part ways with a 1st rounder. 

Very interested in your thoughts. 

I'd wait until January 1st is when he is eligible to sign a new contract so if he decides to sign with us for another year, I'd say, keep him but if he doesn't sign by trade deadlines, then sell for a good return.  The same for Gudbransen, if he signs with us, great, if not, trade him for any return we could get.  

2 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

Trade him!!!!!!

Vanek + Hutton to TO for Lillgren and 2nd 

Doubt Toronto gives up their future top defenseman for a rental and a 5th/6th defenseman. Forget the 2nd round pick.

Archived