The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Virginia House of Delegates Race To Be Decided By Pulling A Name Out Of A Hat, A Coin Toss, Or Drawing Straws

SabreFan1

12 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Canada's system of government is based on the UK's model.  The US has it's own style.  I don't like that we have only 2 parties in power.  I'd be ok if there were 3 or more in the US.  They'd either have to change the rules in the legislature as to how Congress is run or accept that whoever is in charge most likely won't have a majority. 

I like our system of checks and balances between the 3 branches of government.  Having several parties would just add to that.

Ya it's really been working well over the last 10 years. 

Just a little cheap shot.B) Im off to bed have a goodnight.

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

Canada's system of government is based on the UK's model.  The US has it's own style.  I don't like that we have only 2 parties in power.  I'd be ok if there were 3 or more in the US.  They'd either have to change the rules in the legislature as to how Congress is run or accept that whoever is in charge most likely won't have a majority. 

I like our system of checks and balances between the 3 branches of government.  Having several parties would just add to that.

There's a quote in Yes, Prime Minister. The UK has the brakes of a Rolls Royce and the engine of a lawnmower. Anyone can stop legislation, harder to push it through.

The separation of powers in the US it is a wonder anything goes through. Except raises to Congress salaries. 

11 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Ya it's really been working well over the last 10 years. 

Just a little cheap shot.B) Im off to bed have a goodnight.

No amount of checks and balances helps with rampant corruption mixed with voter stupidity unfortunately.  :(

9 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

There's a quote in Yes, Prime Minister. The UK has the brakes of a Rolls Royce and the engine of a lawnmower. Anyone can stop legislation, harder to push it through.

The separation of powers in the US it is a wonder anything goes through. Except raises to Congress salaries. 

Those go through at warp speed...

Archived